Toy Taxi "08" error after new board

Private User

Had multitudes of problems with 2 Toy Taxi's. Finally after replacing everything else I possibly could, I finally just purchased two boards. Now I get my boards in and I put them both in. One is working great, not having any issues. The other however is now giving me a flashing 08 error which is what started this whole mess. I was told by C2C that the error was a board only error. I'm relatively new at this, please help me!

yeah im not buying any more toy taxis i have 2 that have been in and out of the shop a lot , my smart imports have had basically zero problems in the 2yrs ive had them. i know coast to coast reps read this board. seriously guys can you get some quality control on your products or bring down the price a few hundred bucks, its not worth the slightly lower price for the amt of problems they have.

anyway the error is an error with the RAM IC i believe, you can find the chip and see if it is in a socket it maybe just needs to be re-seated otherwise its got to be replaced.

u would have to call them to find where the ram chip is i dont have a board diagram anywhere offhand maybe bill or ron has one?

I don't remember the exact details but I had one blow a power supply awhile back and after I put in a new power supply in it was having the RAM chip error. I ordered a replacement but still had the error. While playing with it, I found a button on the board I had to hold down and it reset and has worked fine ever since. I may have had to hold the button while powering on. As I said, I dont remember exactly.

I don't remember the exact details but I had one blow a power supply awhile back and after I put in a new power supply in it was having the RAM chip error. I ordered a replacement but still had the error. While playing with it, I found a button on the board I had to hold down and it reset and has worked fine ever since. I may have had to hold the button while powering on. As I said, I dont remember exactly.

Your right turn unit off hold button and power it up

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I lost my azz when I purchased a toy taxi. pieces of crap, I would never recommend buying a toy taxi even to my worst enemy! If anyone is considering getting into the crane business DO NOT buy a toy taxi!

LOL u sold it to me

did you get it working?

yeah but it died again, its back in my shop LOL i had it on a location where i had a toy taxi before that kept breaking down the owner got very annoyed and threatened to kick me out of all his locs (he owns a chain of huge laundromats) so i decided i have to put both toy taxis somewhere within 10mi of my house since it seems to go down on a regular basis they are prob going in my arcade

someone on here warned me privately a few years back not to mess with toy taxis i should have listened.

• 1 month later...

yeah im not buying any more toy taxis i have 2 that have been in and out of the shop a lot ,

I lost my azz when I purchased a toy taxi. pieces of crap, I would never recommend buying a toy taxi even to my worst enemy! If anyone is considering getting into the crane business DO NOT buy a toy taxi!

Do you guys know if the coast to coast crane kit (Gantry & components) is the same stuff used in the toy taxi? I have a nice 31" crane cabinet that I want to use and I was considering the coast to coast parts but I recalled some bad reviews about the toy taxi's..

i used to buy crane kits from diffrent companies in taiwan and china..really a pain in the arse unless they are cabinet ready.. I mean you get the gantry and none of the switches are there, you have to solder or put plugs on all the wire tips to the switches. etc...

I at first tried to just put a feiloli(toy chest) gantry in a paokai( toy soldier) cabinet.. the board was for a higher rpm motor than the feiloli and it wouldnt work, what a pain!!

ron

Too bad, I thought C2C had gotten things cleaned up, guess not.

Not all of their cranes are bad. The newer machines with the angled control panel top and chasing LED pcbs in the front corners are pretty good. Their older cranes with the flat top control panels and off the shelf rope light in the front corners are very problematic.

I've got several Toy Taxis ad Hot Stuffs in both varieties, and the angled top ones are the only ones I still have running.

i have one of the newer ones (angled panel) i bought off will.vend

tons of problems, now off warantee.

i know c2c reads this forum....why no response guys?!!! speaks volumes that nobody wants to address

customer complaints and try to make it right...guess what when ppl google reviews of your equipment

these threads are gonna come up, heres the chance to put your best foot forward

i have one of the newer ones (angled panel) i bought off will.vend

tons of problems, now off warantee.

i know c2c reads this forum....why no response guys?!!! speaks volumes that nobody wants to address

customer complaints and try to make it right...guess what when ppl google reviews of your equipment

these threads are gonna come up, heres the chance to put your best foot forward

yea the toy taxi I sold to dogcow was plagued with problems, I sold it to him at a great price so he could repair it and make money. I admit I am not an electronic minded person but when you meet hurdles with the dealer when trying to correct them it makes matters worse. Birmingham vending seemed to make up policy and procedure as they went along. at first they would send replacement parts at no charge ( but did charge shipping) then they wanted me to pay for parts until I returned defective parts, WHAT! when I raised hell the owner had his employee tell me ok just one more time then we charge, he never called to speak to me directly, which in my opinion is poor customer service.

I learned to bypass bv and call c2c direct and they would send parts out at no cost, c2c did try but the product was inferior. out of the 9 months I owned the toy taxi it was out of service for 3 months, it averaged $300.00 a month so the lost revnue and aggravation added up quick. Maybe the toy taxi was made on 4/20 after lunch tiime I dont know but I do know I will never deal with these two companies again.

Nick505 I do not know the answer to your question.

yea the toy taxi I sold to dogcow was plagued with problems, I sold it to him at a great price so he could repair it and make money. I admit I am not an electronic minded person but when you meet hurdles with the dealer when trying to correct them it makes matters worse. Birmingham vending seemed to make up policy and procedure as they went along. at first they would send replacement parts at no charge ( but did charge shipping) then they wanted me to pay for parts until I returned defective parts, WHAT! when I raised hell the owner had his employee tell me ok just one more time then we charge, he never called to speak to me directly, which in my opinion is poor customer service.

I learned to bypass bv and call c2c direct and they would send parts out at no cost, c2c did try but the product was inferior. out of the 9 months I owned the toy taxi it was out of service for 3 months, it averaged $300.00 a month so the lost revnue and aggravation added up quick. Maybe the toy taxi was made on 4/20 after lunch tiime I dont know but I do know I will never deal with these two companies again.

Nick505 I do not know the answer to your question.

just a note will i am in no way trying to badmouth you i knew what i was getting

and greatly appreciate the deal... to be honest I made most of the money back on the plush you sent anyway i am just dissapointed in the product in general

compared to other manufacturers my comments are directed at c2c

just a note will i am in no way trying to badmouth you i knew what i was getting

thanks for the clarification but yea i never took your comments that way!

Imo if dogcow couldnt get it working then it is a total piece of shihockey! I almost sold it to mainor but did not because dogcow us elwctronic minded.

So I spoke with someone at c2c and was informed that it is not the components used in a toy taxi. The kit is all made in China. I am goinh to look into ordering all the components from feiloli (if they are affordable) and also the Taiwanese made kit from coinexpress.

Archived