MDB Ready!

How can you tell your Vending Machines are MDB ready for a card reader??

what would i look for when buying a soda or snack machine? would i have to get the model # and call the company? do i have to look it up online? or is there a few things in the machine i can look for an know that its MDB ready? thanks

Jmarz,

You can tell if it has MDB if the coin mech is connected to the machine with a very small 6 pin plug. Any other plug used to connect the coin mech to the machine means it is not MDB. If you have a non-MDB machine but you have a factory control board in it and the coin mech plugs into the machine with a 12 or 15 pin plug (called a Micromech interface) you can then install a MDB conversion kit. The kit will allow a MDB coin mech and validator to interface to the machine's Micromech connector. With either a factory MDB interface or the MDB conversion kit you can connect a card reader to the machine.

Depending on the model machine you have, some machines have dual interfaces. What make/model is the machine? I think anything manufactured in the past 8 yrs. would be MDB.

I just want to throw it out there in case someone else reads this but it is important to know that when someone says a machine is MDB or "All-MDB" or something similar, they are simply saying that the machine is MDB-ready for any MDB device. MDB in this context is similar to USB. It is simply a means of communication between the device and the machine (which means that it has a specific type of plug, aka "harness plus" if you will).

What does all of this mean? It means that if you can get an MDB HARNESS to connect the MDB UNIT to the control board, you will be "MDB-Ready."

All-MDB would imply that you can ONLY connect MDB-devices to the machine and nothing else. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Archived