Getting started

Okay, well I really would like to do full line vending, soda machines more so than snack. However, I just can't seem to get in my head why this is so much better than bulk vending. The cons just seem to outweigh the pros. For one thing I can't just throw them in the back of my dodge dakota and run all over town with them. I have to have a heavy duty dolley, have to have help any time I need to move them, the fact that I am totally lost when it comes to anything electronic. I actually was going to get started by trying to hook with coke a cola as a third party account so I wouldn't have to deal with the equipment, but they called today and said I need to be established first. Plus it's sooo expensive to purchase. And the competition seems to be a lot tougher in that market than in the bulk business. I am throwing this argument against full line vending, hoping someone will tell me something that will change my mind, because I am very interested

The short answer is, Full Line vendors make several hundred dollars per location per month while Bulk vendors make several dollars per location per month. For us, it's a no brainer.

Okay, well I really would like to do full line vending, soda machines more so than snack. However, I just can't seem to get in my head why this is so much better than bulk vending. The cons just seem to outweigh the pros. For one thing I can't just throw them in the back of my dodge dakota and run all over town with them. I have to have a heavy duty dolley, have to have help any time I need to move them, the fact that I am totally lost when it comes to anything electronic. I actually was going to get started by trying to hook with coke a cola as a third party account so I wouldn't have to deal with the equipment, but they called today and said I need to be established first. Plus it's sooo expensive to purchase. And the competition seems to be a lot tougher in that market than in the bulk business. I am throwing this argument against full line vending, hoping someone will tell me something that will change my mind, because I am very interested

There are compelling arguments for both sides, at the end I think it comes down to personal preferences. Yes it is much more capital and labor intensive but ,IMO at least, it is more stable and consistent than bulk vending. Well over half of my business is with locations that I have had a relationship with for over a decade, a few over 15 years. Judging only on the number of threads I read about kick outs in the bulk section it seems to me that the turnover rate for accounts is much higher in bulk than full line.

Besides how many bulk locations are there out there that you can go to and pull 600-800 bucks 3X a week?

There are compelling arguments for both sides, at the end I think it comes down to personal preferences. Yes it is much more capital and labor intensive but ,IMO at least, it is more stable and consistent than bulk vending. Well over half of my business is with locations that I have had a relationship with for over a decade, a few over 15 years. Judging only on the number of threads I read about kick outs in the bulk section it seems to me that the turnover rate for accounts is much higher in bulk than full line.

Besides how many bulk locations are there out there that you can go to and pull 600-800 bucks 3X a week?

I agree with you 100 percent as far as the money goes. So let me ask you, if I want to get involved in this part of the business, how is the best way to do it? It seems like every one of my locations have has a soda machine in it. So when you were starting out, how did you find locations?

Great thread by the way!!! Very interesting! I have been trying to decide which way to go and went into bulk because it was much cheaper and I had no clue about the electronic points you stated! Plus everything needed in bulk can fit in my mustang one way or another... Can't put full line equipment in it...

Well maybe throw a machine on the top lol ^_^

When i looked at both of them i went with bulk

The reason for me is time. Bulk on a lower end under 150 machines is a 3-4 day a month job. Where as with full line 10+ machines you are reaching the full time job mark. Well maybe not full time but at least part time. So i thought what if i wanted to take a VaCa who would

service my machines while i was gone. So that is why i chose bulk over full line.

When i looked at both of them i went with bulk

The reason for me is time. Bulk on a lower end under 150 machines is a 3-4 day a month job. Where as with full line 10+ machines you are reaching the full time job mark. Well maybe not full time but at least part time. So i thought what if i wanted to take a VaCa who would

service my machines while i was gone. So that is why i chose bulk over full line.

Also consider return on your time. Your earnings per hour are MUCH higher with full line. 3-4 days month of full line will bring in a lot more revenue than 3-4 days a month of bulk. I'm hoping to get some full line machines at some point for this reason. For now, I'm having fun with bulk vending and making decent money, but full line is where you're going to find your best dollars per hour.

Here is a scenerio for you veterans of bulk and full line. I know a lot of it has to do with locations and what typer of machines. But for this scenerio, let's say Let's say I need to gross $9,000 a month. How many triple head machines would you guys estimate I would need and how many soda machines would you need. I have no idea how to figure out subtracting product to come up with a net per month especially for the bulk machines. Any help would be appreciated because I am soooo ready to quit my job and do this full time

Archived