Route evaluation

OK here was the route.

16 machines 14 locations all cheap combo machines. Gross profit a month was 1k and he has no records of anything on paper. Locations are not in a tight nut shell. His asking price is 40k.

What would you had offered

Serious answer - he says it's grossing 1K with no records so I would bet the truth is closer to $600-$700. Factoring inflation your ROI at his asking price is about the same as raising a child - 18 years. So I'd offer 10% of his asking price and that was only if I was in the market for 14 cheap combo machines to relocate.

Serious answer - he says it's grossing 1K with no records so I would bet the truth is closer to $600-$700. Factoring inflation your ROI at his asking price is about the same as raising a child - 18 years. So I'd offer 10% of his asking price and that was only if I was in the market for 14 cheap combo machines to relocate.

I was just asking the guy. Once he started to tell me about the route i got turned off. Just for fun i did send him a offer of 5600. I am pretty sure he deleted me from his memory. He did however say his machines were worth more than the asking price of the route.

It really is sad how many people get taken advantage of by fly-by-night equipment dealers. The internet has made is so easy to con people and screw them where they stand. It used to be that all of this swindling took place by mail, in hotel lobbies, in hotel rooms, at business opportunity shows, etc. Now the suckers find the suckees on the internet where the suckers feel they have no choice but to believe what they see. Hey, they can't put in on the internet if it isn't true, right? Nothing takes the place of due diligence, but most people don't know where to turn to try to investigate these outfits. They may know that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't, but they can't help themselves because it does sound so good. It will never end.

Seriously.....if his net profit was $1000 a month, then he wants almost 4 years of profit, NOBODY would EVER pay that. Even if you took him at his words, the most that I would offer, even with decent machines would be about $10,000. With crappy combo's, less then half that.

Look at it this way....with 16 machines, his monthly profit per machine is only $62.50 each that is horrible. Those are less then garbage accounts.

Let him keep the accounts, because no one with any clue will purchase those at that price.

Travis

Archived