so the day has come!

TKK

Moondog what do u use to service

I use a convertible hand truck I bought at Costco about 3 years ago for $100. It's rated at 650 lbs and will hold about 10 to 12 cases of soda in the flat position. The hardest part of my day is picking up soda at Costco - 25 or so cases on those flat dollies gets really heavy especially when the store is packed with people and you're stopping and going constantly while trying not to run down some out of control 4 year old. The next big account I get will probably push me over the limit where I'll have to start ordering from the bottlers and having them deliver 100 cases at a time to me. I'm thinking that the time I save will probably offset the extra cost.

I am frugal myself, but think about how much time you could save (and how much MONEY that TIME could save if you could spend it on something such as a faster repair). I have been told by many people that cases of cans run $8-$9 for a 24-pack in my area, which is roughly $0.354/unit vs. maybe $0.30/unit at a wholesale club. If you are going through say... 200 cases (24/pack) or roughly 4800 cans/month times $0.05/unit, that comes out to... a WHOPPING $240! (or about $50/week). Yes, it is a good chunk of profits, but how much time will be saved this way?

To me, time is far more valuable than money once you are buying 200-cases each month, but money is still money!! Perhaps you could go 50/50 and split the difference. Stock up on soda during your light days and, when things are getting rough (especially in the summer time), call the bottlers to bring it over so you can keep focusing on making big money!

Well at my Costco everything is $7.99 a 32 pack..25c a can. At sams its $9.99 or .31.,with my new route I'm buying about 4000 cans a month. Those 6 cents is alot! $240 a month. And they give me 2% back.

Well at my Costco everything is $7.99 a 32 pack..25c a can. At sams its $9.99 or .31.,with my new route I'm buying about 4000 cans a month. Those 6 cents is alot! $240 a month. And they give me 2% back.

Archived