so the day has come!

TKK

when 120z coke cans are now a dollar. thats crazy, i really wish i could raise my prices, last week even though gas went up alot, coke and pepsi came down. a 24 case is 5.98 for coke and pepsi products here.

7C2A1145-orig_zps52b1eaeb.jpg

I've been at $1 per 12 oz can since I started in 2011. At the local convenience store its $.86 with tax and CRV. I charge the extra $.14 for the convenience. Never had an issue yet...

The high price machines will almost always be in public locations with transient traffic. Think of hotels, bus and train stations, and from the looks of this machine just outside a public building of some kind. Competition is always what the market will bear. If you are in an employee-only environment you probably aren't going to charge $1, but outside where you don't know who the customer will even be and especially if there's no other nearby competition, or if you are just ballsy, it can be $1 or even $1.25 as I've seen in local hotels.

The high price machines will almost always be in public locations with transient traffic. Think of hotels, bus and train stations, and from the looks of this machine just outside a public building of some kind. Competition is always what the market will bear. If you are in an employee-only environment you probably aren't going to charge $1, but outside where you don't know who the customer will even be and especially if there's no other nearby competition, or if you are just ballsy, it can be $1 or even $1.25 as I've seen in local hotels.

yeah my hotel and laundromat machines are at $1

I pay 5% commission or $20 for the electricity for the machine (that way the customer isn't out any money since the machine only uses around $18 per month in electric)... Seems to work for me

I don't vend yet, but I was at Costco today and did some math.

Product from Costco: .25

Sales tax when you buy:.02

CRV deposit(I'm from CA):.05

Sales tax when you sell: .06

Total: .39 COGS, not counting commission, labor, or gas.

But, if you have commission, then 10% of .75 = .7 1/2

20% = .15

so if you have 20% commission, your cost is .54-and that doesn't include gas, labor, etc.

I think 1.00 is the way to go if I ever do full line.

I don't vend yet, but I was at Costco today and did some math.

Product from Costco: .25

Sales tax when you buy:.02

CRV deposit(I'm from CA):.05

Sales tax when you sell: .06

Total: .39 COGS, not counting commission, labor, or gas.

But, if you have commission, then 10% of .75 = .7 1/2

20% = .15

so if you have 20% commission, your cost is .54-and that doesn't include gas, labor, etc.

I think 1.00 is the way to go if I ever do full line.

Coke products are really cheap just now as they normally run around 30 cents a can at Costco. On the other hand, Pepsi and 7up products average about 26 cents a can. Obviously, everybody in this area is really stocking up on Coke right now.

To rework your math a little, I'm currently paying .25 plus .05 crv plus .06 tax = .36. I have a resale license which is required by the state so i don't pay the .02 tax upfront. At a 75 cent sell price I'm doubling my money.

Servicing soda machines is easy money considering you can load 12 cases an hour on a good machine and probably clear north of $100. Donut only does soda machines and this is a sweet setup for somebody getting into vending. Things start getting much more complicated when you do snack machines as well, but if you want the higher grossing soda accounts, they always want a snack machine.

There's a pinned post at the top of this forum that discusses "cost of servicing" in detail. For most of us, our COS will hover around $20 per location or $10 per machine if you're doing the typical soda and snack account.

Here in Australia for most operators its cheaper to buy Coke cans from the major supermarkets as most weeks they tend to be on promotion at one of the supermarkets who retail them for between 62 cents and 72 cents per 375ml can. Most vending operators here will sell them in a vending machine for between $1.20 to $1.60 per can including tax and sometimes inclusive of rebate depending upon the individual location. Rebates are usually 10 cents per item sold or 10% of gross sales.

whats a crv deposit? here in texas we dont have a state sales tax either. plus with a resell certificate=no tax.

funny hpw i saw this $1 machine yesterday and today i bought a route with cans at $1 lol

Crv is a fee you pay when you buy containers of drinks. You get it back when you turn the cans in for recycling, but since the cans are being vended, you won't be getting them back to recycle. So, for vendors in California, it's basically another fee.

whats a crv deposit? here in texas we dont have a state sales tax either. plus with a resell certificate=no tax.

funny hpw i saw this $1 machine yesterday and today i bought a route with cans at $1 lol

What are you smokin? Yes, we do have have a sales tax here and a resale certificate does not relieve you of the responsibility and obligation to pay your sales taxes it merely allows you to buy without paying sales tax at the register and paying all that YOU OWE at once.

Oh yeah, I forgot you are running your business off the grid and not paying the taxes that you should be

I don't buy at Costco as I find it more expensive than Safeway (buy 2 12 packs, get 2 free) or CVS pharmacy. My total cost per can runs for Safeway around .32 with tax and CRV

I don't buy at Costco as I find it more expensive than Safeway (buy 2 12 packs, get 2 free) or CVS pharmacy. My total cost per can runs for Safeway around .32 with tax and CRV

Yeah,

I see those deals down here too but I'm doing 200 cases (32/36 packs) a month which is just about killing me now. I'm starting to see why people pay the premium through the bottlers - but I'm too frugal (cheap) to pay those prices just yet. If I went to go to 12 packs it would be the final straw.

Archived