Help.. Snack machine

temp04

my snack machine is having trouble vending on some columns. some columns doesn't vend anymore I tried to switch the motor with a good one but the problem is still there. What else can I check or replace? Please help. Thank you

Did this problem just begin out of the blue or have you had the problem before? Did it start as just one motor (when) and is it now happening to more motors? Is the problem on only one shelf? Is the problem with motors on different shelves but in the same shelf position, all have a common part of the selection number such as all 1 selections or all 3 selections? There can be a variety of issues with the VS99 from bad motor switches to programming problems to power supply issues to a bad logic board. Have you seen any error codes or anything show up on the display that is not normal - be specific.

Thank you for your replies. It started with just one motor but it's happening to more motors, multiple shelves, and different columns. I don't see any errors on the display. Please let me know if I need to provide more details. thank you

When you put money in and try to vend one of the problem selections, does the selection number show on the display as you press the buttons? If not you may have a bad keypad. A bad keypad can have just a few letters/numbers not working and this will cause a variety of selections within the machine to not vend. Check the selection prices and reprogram the prices if needed. Also perform test vends through the logic board to see if the motors will run that way. Follow the instructions in the manual or on the label on the backside of the selection panel inside the door. Post your results here.

when I selected the trouble column, it display the selection number and makes a couple of beeping sound and nothing would happen. no error displayed. I will check on the test vend next time when I go there.

To Walta,

Sorry, can you elaborate on where or what is the cap on the logic board? I have no idea what the cap looks like. Thank you

If were betting my money on a bad cap on the logic board.

It is a common failure for VS99 boards.

Walta

I believe Walt is referring to a capacitor - if so, you'd need somebody skilled in electronics to fix it.

This an old machine and you should be very careful about how much money you throw at it.

What is the reasonable amount that we should invest on fixing it?

I'd put the value of the whole machine at around $300 so you can gauge your expenditures by that. Even if you decide to fix it, Lectrovend parts may be hard to find at any price.

It depends on what you paid for the mach to begin with. It's not impossible to find parts, but it's not always easy. I have a machine I've been harvesting parts from and you board can always be repaired. I can exchange the board for $149 if you need it.

Archived