help..snackshop 4000/5000

I just bought a new candy machine... well new to me.. when I pulg it in all I hear is an alarm ... (high pitch wine).. the bill val.. seems to function and the coin mec. spits out a quarter a dime and a nickel... but thats it.. then nothing.. just the high pitch wine... can anyone tell me whats wrong?

You might have a coin caught somewhere around the logic board in the door that is shorting out components on the board. Turn off power, remove the paper cover on the board if it's there, and look for a stray coin. Otherwise, if no loose coin is found you probably already have a blown board. See what happens when you power up without the coin mech plugged in - maybe the coin mech is bad.

thank you.. it must be the board... it made no differance... there is now an 8. on the front door now that wasnt there b4...

also.. the price box.. or whatever its called .. LOL (where you can drain the change and change the prices).. that doesnt light up either

and where can I get another board and how much are they?

Before you do anything else, find the mode box attached to the inside of the door above the validator. It will have several flat buttons and one large protruding button on it. With the door open and the machine turned on, press the large "Operate" button, wait a few seconds and see if the red LED for that button lights up. If it does what is on the display, only an 8? Next, press the "Service" switch on the left, checking to see if the LED above it lights, and see if all segments on the credit display turn on. While in the "Service" mode, press each of the coin payout switches and see if the coin mech pays out coins.

If none of this works, the LED's don't light or the credit display segments don't light up, then you need to check that all connectors plugged into the board are pushed on fully. Check this with power turned off as there is potential for board damage and personal shock. If all connectors look fine then you probably have a bad board.

I can ship you an exchange logic board for this machine, but I would need photos of the inside of your door and detailed photos of your logic board to ensure I ship the correct one. Photos should include the back side of the credit display, all harness connections and a photo of the mode box, please. There are minor differences in some of the boards depending on age of the machine. I can also send you detailed instructions on how to replace the board, as it is very fragile and you must be careful not to damage it further.

Now that I see you have a Lutech interface kit for the validator, you may have a problem with it that is causing all your trouble. You should disconnect the Lutech kit by unplugging it from the machine's coin mech socket and unplug the coin mech, then power up the machine to see if it behaves differently. If so, power down and plug the coin mech into the machine, without plugging in the Lutech kit and see if the machine works fine with only the coin mech. If it does, then that will confirm the Lutech kit is bad. Let me know the results.

roberttoavs , before you do anything, unplug the machine. Not just power down. The Lutech kit power remains hot even when machine is turned off. Then as AZ said, bypass the kit and try machine just with coins. If it works, then it is the kit.

steve

This is my personal opinion but you may want to check into buying some sort of universal control board. I bought one from Vendors Exchange (I see why they chose www.veii.com instead of www.vendorSEXchange.com). It replaces the existing board and allows for MDB units to be installed. It may save you a lot of money in the long run.

IIII

This is my personal opinion but you may want to check into buying some sort of universal control board. I bought one from Vendors Exchange (I see why they chose www.veii.com instead of www.vendorSEXchange.com). It replaces the existing board and allows for MDB units to be installed. It may save you a lot of money in the long run.

I have 3 of these control boards in my 5500's,they also have mdb and 5 dollar acceptance. I am having trouble copying and pasting but the ebay number is 200274947023. Its 100 bucks cheaper than veii units.The oldest one has been install 7 years without a single problem. Also it has the capability to use the trc 6000 coin mech and a 110 volt bill validator. When I got the first one I used the original coin mech to minimize initial cost. John

Archived