Some Comments From a TVF Mod

We have received PM's from a number of members about the behavior and antics of a few folks that hang around here over the last few weeks. Just want to offer a public acknowledgement that the concerns that have been repeatedly brought to us have not been ignored. We have discussed it internally and are beginning to take action.

We are not banning anyone, yet at least, but as of earlier today there are several members that have had their chat room privileges revoked. We have also placed some users on mod review status, meaning they can post but the posts can't be seen by members until a mod comes along and approves them.

It is unfortunate that we have had to resort to limiting their ability to interact with others here at TVF, but after repeated warnings from mods and the offenders creating multiple user accounts in clear violation of out terms of use it seems that there are few other options.

Yes. The pics are comical I'll give you that. However, make no mistake, we will no longer tolerate any personal attacks against another member for whatever reason. You can call it big brother, internet police, or what ever you want to call it, I don't care. The bottom line is the childish behavior will not be tolerated.

There is a much greater percentage of members here who don't want to be attacked, or don't want to read attacks, than there are those who do the attacking. We are no longer going to jeopardize the participation of those good members by allowing such behavior. We have already lost countless good members because of it, yet the trouble makers are still here. I get at least one email or PM from good members each day asking when this garbage is going to stop or what we are doing about it.

If you feel our actions are unwarranted, and you feel everyone has the right to post negative attacks, I would suggest you re-evaluate how you spend your time online.

We are NOT targeting individuals for voicing their opinions. If that is what you think, spend your time elsewhere. We ARE targeting individuals who blatantly post negative comments meant attack another member, or their decisions.

If you feel someone is going down the wrong path in vending, feel free to let them know and offer tips and advice to steer them to a profitable venture. There is a way to do that without demeaning the person. I know there is because it used to happen all the time a few years ago. If they don't take your advice, fine. Leave it alone. Let them figure it out on their own. That does not give you the right to make jokes or ridicule the member at all.

I ask everyone to please report any questionable behavior so a mod can take a look at it to determine if action is necessary.

This used to be a friendly, helpful forum with a great reputation. I would like it to be that way again. I owe it to our supporting members to make sure it is. If you disagree, I'm not forcing you to stay.

While I'm at it, let me add this as well. I know there is a lot of speculation going on about our motives. Somewhere along the way, we have seemed to turn into some wicked, dictatorship. Stifling free speech and promoting our own agenda. This is simply not true but unfortunately we can not address anyone's concerns. Thats because a few of you insist on forming your own opinions about what is going on and never bother to ask one of us about it. Instead, you just embellish what you think you know and share it secretly with your friends. Who in turn embellish it further and share it again until it gets back to me. Then I'm left wondering how the heck "A" turned into "E"!

A word of advice. Be wary of your "friends" and what you say to them around here. Assumptions and non truths travel faster than you can imagine. If you want to know what's really happening, ask one of the 3 people here that actually know. Or better yet, use this forum for what it was intended to be used for. Vending Discussions.

Since I really don't expect anyone to actually ask the questions, here are a few examples of exactly what I'm talking about.

Billnuts, I have been made aware that you have been bashing me pretty hard in chat. Mostly you questioning my relationship with Frank and his relationship to this forum. I consider Frank a personal friend. A friendship that extends beyond this forum. He does not own this forum or make any decisions as to what gets posted and what gets removed. I would have explained this to you had you answered my private message. Apparently you are satisfied with your own assumptions and feel that a response to me was not needed.

Dogcow, I have been told that you were concerned about a post of yours that was recently removed. If you had asked me why it was removed, I would have explained to you that your post was a want ad and it was better suited for the classified section. I pay extra money every six months to have the classified section here. I just want people to use it.

Ron, it is my understanding that you have formed your own conclusions as to why we have not taken you up on your raffle offer. First of all I have not received a formal offer from you about this. If I had, I would have explained to you why we couldn't take you up on it at this point. If you're curious to know the truth ask me. If you are satisfied with your own assumptions, then don't.

These are only a few of the more recent communication problems I am having. We are not trying to hide anything and I would be more than willing to explain something to anyone if they just asked me.

While I'm at it, let me add this as well. I know there is a lot of speculation going on about our motives. Somewhere along the way, we have seemed to turn into some wicked, dictatorship. Stifling free speech and promoting our own agenda. This is simply not true but unfortunately we can not address anyone's concerns. Thats because a few of you insist on forming your own opinions about what is going on and never bother to ask one of us about it. Instead, you just embellish what you think you know and share it secretly with your friends. Who in turn embellish it further and share it again until it gets back to me. Then I'm left wondering how the heck "A" turned into "E"! A word of advice. Be wary of your "friends" and what you say to them around here. Assumptions and non truths travel faster than you can imagine. If you want to know what's really happening, ask one of the 3 people here that actually know. Or better yet, use this forum for what it was intended to be used for. Vending Discussions.

TVF Community, Steve and Moderators,

Let me start off with saying that if I have offended anyone I sincerely apologize. It is not my intent to attack anyone’s character. I admit I have been riding the edge on some of my post and will think twice before posting my comments. What starts off as a joke can actually hurt someone’s feelings. I have been bullied before and I know it is not a good feeling.

I am friends with some of the “troublemakers” and as your friend I am asking you to stop with the bullying! It’s not funny anymore and it gives the wrong impression on the ones here that are trying to be helpful. I might make some of them angry for these comments but it is what it is, It doesn’t make me better than them to say these things it just means enough is enough!

I will also say that if I have offended anyone please let me know either on this thread or a pm, I have plenty of character defects and  am willing to work on them.

This site is meant to help vendors both new and old with helpful insight and suggestions. I am not always the best in explaining myself in post and might come across as arrogant and offensive but I truly do not mean it that way.

TVF has helped my vending career more than I can ever help TVF! It’s a good community so lets all try and be civil with each other.

Sincerely,

Will.Vend

There's no classified section I can find (on my ph)

Since I really don't expect anyone to actually ask the questions, here are a few examples of exactly what I'm talking about.

Billnuts, I have been made aware that you have been bashing me pretty hard in chat. Mostly you questioning my relationship with Frank and his relationship to this forum. I consider Frank a personal friend. A friendship that extends beyond this forum. He does not own this forum or make any decisions as to what gets posted and what gets removed. I would have explained this to you had you answered my private message. Apparently you are satisfied with your own assumptions and feel that a response to me was not needed.

Dogcow, I have been told that you were concerned about a post of yours that was recently removed. If you had asked me why it was removed, I would have explained to you that your post was a want ad and it was better suited for the classified section. I pay extra money every six months to have the classified section here. I just want people to use it.

Ron, it is my understanding that you have formed your own conclusions as to why we have not taken you up on your raffle offer. First of all I have not received a formal offer from you about this. If I had, I would have explained to you why we couldn't take you up on it at this point. If you're curious to know the truth ask me. If you are satisfied with your own assumptions, then don't.

These are only a few of the more recent communication problems I am having. We are not trying to hide anything and I would be more than willing to explain something to anyone if they just asked me.

Since similar situations were brought up, does that mean that I can be "Gage" from "Gage's Vending," and not "PerformaVending?"  I have no clue who "PerformaVending" was, but I simply give advice based on my own experiences and views.  If you don't agree, fine, I can respect that; but I am not "PerformaVending."

Archived