Bill Validator - how much and which one?

Can someone at a glance give me the rundown on putting a validator in this Rowe?  (Don't worry.....I'm not paying the $300 asking price)......thanks!!!

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/3788876111.html

I've got a 4900 (red display) sitting out in the shed that I'm parting out.  It's got a BA30 validator in it but it's looks like the board may has been upgraded - mine says 493-1500.  As I recall, the original board on this model was not set up for a validator. This machine, while being very well built, is not worth upgrading with a new control board if it still has the original board in it.

If it's a 5900 (blue display) you should not have a problem adding the validator as this machine was made to accept them - I've got one of those too, but it's not here right now.

Beejay,

I'm glad you're not buying that machine, as it is an older multi-board Rowe 4900 - very early production.  They still came with validators from the factory, but someone has blocked off the opening for it.  It sounds like you have one of your own that you want to put a validator on.  If you have the Rowe 4900, regardless of multi-board or single board, you can upgrade it like the one that Moondog has.  The typical way that a Coinco BA30 is installed is with a long Coinco harness that goes back to the coin mech and the coin mech must be changed to a Coinco 9340L so the harness can be plugged into it.  It's a real slick way to upgrade your machine.  If Moondog is parting his out, find out if that's how his is set up and get the parts from him.  You will also need a bracket to mount the BA30 to the door. The bracket varies depending on the shape of the bezel on your CBA, if you have one.   I have the parts to do this conversion if you don't get them from Moondog, but it will cost upwards of $350+.  This is the least expensive way to go.

Beejay,

I'm glad you're not buying that machine, as it is an older multi-board Rowe 4900 - very early production.  They still came with validators from the factory, but someone has blocked off the opening for it.  It sounds like you have one of your own that you want to put a validator on.  If you have the Rowe 4900, regardless of multi-board or single board, you can upgrade it like the one that Moondog has.  The typical way that a Coinco BA30 is installed is with a long Coinco harness that goes back to the coin mech and the coin mech must be changed to a Coinco 9340L so the harness can be plugged into it.  It's a real slick way to upgrade your machine.  If Moondog is parting his out, find out if that's how his is set up and get the parts from him.  You will also need a bracket to mount the BA30 to the door. The bracket varies depending on the shape of the bezel on your CBA, if you have one.   I have the parts to do this conversion if you don't get them from Moondog, but it will cost upwards of $350+.  This is the least expensive way to go.

Yep, the 9340L is it but I wouldn't buy one that still needs this upgrade - too much money for such an old machine in my view.  There is a factory hole cut for the validator and the BA30 does need a special bracket.

That is a 33 year old machine.

You could

Greenwick board kit $350.00

MDB coin mach $250.00

MDB BA $350.00

Plus 6 hours labor

It seem like to much money it put in that old a machine.

Walta

Archived