WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW NCCS STICKERS FOR ACRYLLIC HONOR BOXES? ALSO I KNOW WHERE TO GET THE SHERIDAN SYSTEMS STYLE HONOR BOXES FOR HALF COST

The new NCCS sticker only has words on the front and doesn't have the picture of the children on it. What do you guys think about this? It seems to me that that would mean more theft. 

Also, you can order the Sheridan Systems style honor box for $10 each from alibaba.com

At that cost how many containers would you have to pay for and how much delivery cost to your dock from the east or west coast? By the time you go through all of that for some cheaply made acrylic boxes it is not worth it IMO. Sounds like to me you are a middleman in all of this since you have continued to blast this all over this forum.

How about not jumping to conclusions here and accusing me of doing something I didn't do? I only posted that because I thought it might help a lot of people in here especially if they can save a lot of money and grow their business more. So to reply to your accusation treadmill, NO I AM NOT A MIDDLEMAN WORKING TO SELL THESE THINGS. Beyond that, alibaba.com doesn't work that way anyway because you're in direct contact with the actual factories in China through that website. Therefore I suggest you go do your own homework first before you jump to throwing accusations around.

As far as cost goes, I recieved an email back from a factory in China this morning (Sally Huang) who said they could sell me 100 acryllic boxes (that appear to be the exact same type of box that Sheridan Systems sells based on the picture) for $1,000. That does not include shipping but they said I could save a lot of money by shipping them via sea. I would imagine that shipping couldn't be too incredibly expensive otherwise the whole country of China wouldn't be able to export anything and I know for a fact that A WHOLE LOT of small businesses in this country get all their product from China. I would also be willing to bet that this is the exact place of where Sheridan Systems gets their boxes from.  

As far as cost goes, I recieved an email back from a factory in China this morning (Sally Huang) who said they could sell me 100 acryllic boxes (that appear to be the exact same type of box that Sheridan Systems sells based on the picture) for $1,000. That does not include shipping but they said I could save a lot of money by shipping them via sea. I would imagine that shipping couldn't be too incredibly expensive otherwise the whole country of China wouldn't be able to export anything and I know for a fact that A WHOLE LOT of small businesses in this country get all their product from China. I would also be willing to bet that this is the exact place of where Sheridan Systems gets their boxes from.  

Cool...when are you ordering?

How about not jumping to conclusions here and accusing me of doing something I didn't do? I only posted that because I thought it might help a lot of people in here especially if they can save a lot of money and grow their business more. So to reply to your accusation treadmill, NO I AM NOT A MIDDLEMAN WORKING TO SELL THESE THINGS. Beyond that, alibaba.com doesn't work that way anyway because you're in direct contact with the actual factories in China through that website. Therefore I suggest you go do your own homework first before you jump to throwing accusations around.

Speaking of dong homework....how many times have you used alibaba.com to order product?

You are recommending it to others in multiple threads, so I thought it would be nice to have some kind of info regarding the extent of your experience ordering product or equipment through them.

The new NCCS sticker only has words on the front and doesn't have the picture of the children on it. What do you guys think about this? It seems to me that that would mean more theft. 

That sticker is not "new".

The website just hasn't been updated.

Those stickers that do not have the children on it are quite old already.

Speaking of dong homework....how many times have you used alibaba.com to order product?

You are recommending it to others in multiple threads, so I thought it would be nice to have some kind of info regarding the extent of your experience ordering product or equipment through them.

That sticker is not "new".

The website just hasn't been updated.

Those stickers that do not have the children on it are quite old already.

You need to be very careful about ordering products from Alibaba posters - there are many scam artists using this site and if they ask for Western Union "run Forrest run".  Legitimate sites should be set up for Amex at the very least - avoid "unknown" escrow services as many of these are fraudulent as well.

Sherlock,

I have never ordered from alibaba.com. HOWEVER, I've seen numerous videos on Youtube of people in this country talking about Alibaba and I believe there are safe guarded ways to do it. First off, if you order anything with a credit card and you don't receive what you pay for, you can do a charge back and your money will be refunded. Secondly with this particular company in China, they have an Escrow option for payment where you can have extra protection that way. I wanted to mention this about alibaba.com because at the same time of trying to help others on here, I also wanted to "compare notes" to see if anyone had ever done this before or what their thoughts are on it.

Also Sherlock, as far as the stickers go, I talked with Shirley at NCCS today and she told me that the stickers they have now for the acrylic honor boxes are the ones that DO NOT have the childrens faces on them. I think this is a critical element that would help curb theft and also bring more business. I have no idea why NCCS would do something like that (to me it's a really stupid decision.) Therefore, do you know of any way perhaps that I can get the stickers with the childrens faces on them?

What if you pay for it with a credit card moondog?

Sherlock,

I have never ordered from alibaba.com. HOWEVER, I've seen numerous videos on Youtube of people in this country talking about Alibaba and I believe there are safe guarded ways to do it. First off, if you order anything with a credit card and you don't receive what you pay for, you can do a charge back and your money will be refunded. Secondly with this particular company in China, they have an Escrow option for payment where you can have extra protection that way. I wanted to mention this about alibaba.com because at the same time of trying to help others on here, I also wanted to "compare notes" to see if anyone had ever done this before or what their thoughts are on it.

Also Sherlock, as far as the stickers go, I talked with Shirley at NCCS today and she told me that the stickers they have now for the acrylic honor boxes are the ones that DO NOT have the childrens faces on them. I think this is a critical element that would help curb theft and also bring more business. I have no idea why NCCS would do something like that (to me it's a really stupid decision.) Therefore, do you know of any way perhaps that I can get the stickers with the childrens faces on them?

What if you pay for it with a credit card moondog?

If the company you're dealing with will accept a credit card, then they are legit.  Alibaba has been a notorious cesspool of internet fraud for many years and you should not fall for any escrow "deals" as many of these are just fronts for the scam artists and the few legitimate escrow companies are very expensive (10% is the norm).

Once you've sent your money off-shore, it's gone and you'll find that there's no mechanism to get it back.

Note; Alibaba.com is just a search engine which specializes in Asian goods - they have little control over the companies who post through them other than to pull the posting (in which case it will pop up under another fictitious business name).

If you're serious about using Alibaba, PM Ron Sidney as he knows the ropes regarding Chinese suppliers of vending supplies.

Also Sherlock, as far as the stickers go, I talked with Shirley at NCCS today and she told me that the stickers they have now for the acrylic honor boxes are the ones that DO NOT have the childrens faces on them.

My only point was to inform you that those stickers have not had the pic of the children for a looooooong time.

OK thanks moondog. One thing I CAN tell you about this company is that 1) According to Alibaba, they have been visited by Alibaba staff and verifyed by third party inspectors 2) The are a "5th year Gold Member" I think meaning they have been on Alibaba for 5 years 3) They offer escrow payment - and I think you have to use a credit card to use this service 4) The sell "samples" of product. 

The ONLY way I'm going to do this is by using my credit card. You are ALWAYS covered if you use your credit card and you don't get what you paid for. I talked with my credit card company tonight and they guaranteed me that.

I'm going to follow through with this and I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

Also, moondog I'm going to PM Rod Sidney. 

OK thanks moondog. One thing I CAN tell you about this company is that 1) According to Alibaba, they have been visited by Alibaba staff and verifyed by third party inspectors 2) The are a "5th year Gold Member" I think meaning they have been on Alibaba for 5 years 3) They offer escrow payment - and I think you have to use a credit card to use this service 4) The sell "samples" of product. 

The ONLY way I'm going to do this is by using my credit card. You are ALWAYS covered if you use your credit card and you don't get what you paid for. I talked with my credit card company tonight and they guaranteed me that.

I'm going to follow through with this and I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

Also, moondog I'm going to PM Rod Sidney. 

Generally, Escrow services are set up for purchases not using credit cards.  The idea is, you put the funds in escrow and they pay the seller once you've received your product - it doesn't take much imagination to see where this can also result in a scam.  If you're using a credit card, decline the escrow as it does nothing extra for you.  If they will only use escrow then move on.

Ron will know a lot more about this - I'm a full line vendor and there's nothing in China any of us would want.  I did research on this some years back for a different venture and found that dealing with Alibaba posters could be a very tricky deal.

OK......So I did some homework last night and talked with one of their reps and found this out- They don't have an escrow option and they don't have the option to use your credit card to pay with. You can only do bank transfer or Western Union. Apparently virtually all of those companies in China don't have the option to pay with credit card because it causes problems for them also.. What happens when someone uses a credit card to buy something and then when they get it in the mail they claim it was just a package stuffed full of newspapers or something and then report this as fraud to their credit card company to reclaim their money? Ebay is packed full of jack asses like that.

The woman that I spoke with online (from the factory in China) however gave me the phone number for a guy living in Houston, Texas (as well as his business address) and I called and spoke with him. He had a Texas accent, sounded like a southerner and said that he had done business with that company many times and had never had a problem with them. He was eager to caution me on all the dangers of using alibaba.com and explained to me his own experiences but kept telling me that this particular company is legitimate. He said that he saved about 80% whenever he order fropm China instead of buying from this country.

There's somthing else here that tells me this company is legitimate also and I'll let any of you who want to be the judge of this......If you look at the picture of the acrylic honor box on sheridansystems.com and then go to alibaba.com and type in "acrylic honor box" in the search box and bring up that picture of the acrylic honor box there (the name of the company is Shenzhen Teamlok Display Products Co. LTD) it is THE EXACT SAME PICTURE THAT IS ON THE SHERIDAN SYSTEMS WEBSITE. Why would Sheridan Systems copy that picture or why would this company apparently copy the Sheridan Systems picture? I've also scoured the web and I don't see anywhere  else where this particular type of hojnor box is being sold.

Sherlock,

Sally Huang (The person you can speak with online over there) told me they could sell me 100 honor boxes for $1,000. The cost for shipping by sea was about an extra $350. They would ship it to the nearest sea port, and I THINK the closest sea port from there would be San Francisco. I'm not exactly sure how the process works from that point because I know the order then has to go through customs and I believe they charge a duty on the order. I think there';s all kinds of information out there about safely ordering from Alibaba.

How about we keep this discussion going, everyone? I know that a lot of you are excited about the "mint" honor box concept and so am I. I think it dominates over the cardboard honor box method for many reasons. I think if we can put our minds together pertaining to how to get these boxes for far cheaper price then it would stand to benefit each one of us substantially. Personally I think this type of honor box concept could stand alone by itself as a very lucrative business for anyone and I doubt that any of us would ever be competing against each other. If you know anything about what is being discussed here, please add your comments.  

So your willing to pay $1350 for product, sight unseen, by wire transfer, to a company on the other side of the world you think is legit even though the dont allow credit card payments because they gave you a phone number for a guy living in Houston, Texas and have the same picture as Sheridan Systems and they have a person you can "speak with online over there".

Good luck.

No I'm not saying that. What I'm going to do right now is go conservative and order the boxes from Sheridan Systems. I'm going to keep my eye on this company though (Shenzen TeamLok Display Products) in China. If they are not legitimate then 6 weeks from now, they won't be on alibaba.com any more. If they're still there then that will give them more reason to be trusted.

I'm also checking into seeing if I can actually build these things myself. I must admit that I don't know anything about acrylics but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to construct this type of box if you already had all the pieces already cut. Couldn't you just take a box to a local fabricator and get all of the pieces cut and then attach the pieces yourself for much cheaper than you would order these retail?

Does anyone here know anything about acrylic fabrication? How much it would cost and if it would be worth it or not? 

Call sheridan and have them quote you a price for 100.

Sheridan is willing to sell as few as 32 for 19.88 each so I'm sure they'll knock off a couple bucks more for 100.

At the end of the day, you are already at $13.50 per box through alibaba and you still haven't factored in the cost of shipping from your nearest U.S. port to your place of business.

Heck, you may not be saving any money at all once you factor your TOTAL cost getting those boxes all the way home.

The risk and effort is not worth the little bit you are going to save...IF you save any at all.

I have been using this box from Sheridan for over a year. I have 120 placed. they cost 21.50 delivered to my door. I get my money back in 6 weeks. Think more about placing them and how much you make, not about saving 6.00. 

I have been using this box from Sheridan for over a year. I have 120 placed. they cost 21.50 delivered to my door. I get my money back in 6 weeks. Think more about placing them and how much you make, not about saving 6.00. 

That's a good answer. To go a little further with this thought your could buy from Sheridan with little to no risk, and get the boxes within a week and located in another weeks and they can be out making money for 4 weeks or more before you even get delivery of the ones shipped from China, if you get them at all. In a good location you can probably pay for the boxes from Sheridan before you get the one from Chins, this is known as a lost opportunity cost.

OK, that being said I think you all have some good points there but I'm still going to watch that company in China. If I go big time into this and I learn that that company is 100% legit AND I know I can save a bunch of money, I'm going to order a whole bunch from them. If I do, I'll come back on this forum and post about it.

Archived