Tax exempt

Every state has deferent laws so no one can answer your question without knowing what state or states you are operating in.

Please post a link to the state law that waves the tax on vending sales under 50 cents.

Walta

Every state has deferent laws so no one can answer your question without knowing what state or states you are operating in.

Please post a link to the state law that waves the tax on vending sales under 50 cents.

Walta

Sorry about that I am located in Texas

I know in bulk vending I don't have to pay taxes on any vends less than 50 cents.  So now that I am doing full line vending also, do I need a tax exempt certificate or no?

You are correct no tax on BULK vends less than 50 cents, I don't do bulk and am not totally up to speed on that portion of the regs but I think it only applies to bulk items for consumption, not toys.

For full line to be legit yes you need a resale certificate, contact the state comptroller's office for a application. For full line water, without anything added, is exempt from sales tax. For sugary items sales tax applies to 100% of the sale price. Things like candy, chocolate, soda, pastries. Items that are considered food items like chips, crackers, nuts, granola bars are taxed at 50% of the vend price.

The resale certificate allows you to buy items at wholesalers without paying sales tax but you are responsible for filing a return and paying the sales taxes due. You can choose to pay the sales tax at the register and then take a credit for what you have already paid when you file the return but doing it this way is a bookkeeping nightmare and I don't recommend it. 

Okay, so I have applied my tax exempt certificate.  Now how is the best way to do this?  Do I put money back every time I pull from a machine for my taxes or just how do I make sure I have enough money for my taxes at the end of the quarter.  I'm assuming that's how often I will pay them.

• 2 months later...

In Texas you dont have to pay sales tax on bulk under. 50c and you dont need machine sticker permits. Just when you pay put it.under total sales, but dont pay taxes on.it. Here where im at vendors did.all dif stuff. Some paid taxes on all sales.some paid taxes on all but water and 50% on pastries chips etc. My comptroller told me I only pay taxes on sodas and non water beverages like powerade monsters etc. Also, no taxes on food items like chips pastries cookies etc (things that are not taxed when bought) as long as there is no eating facility where the machines are located. So.for example a break room you have to pay 100% except water. But say you have an apartment complex or.laundromat you just pay on sugary drinks and candy.

In Texas you dont have to pay sales tax on bulk under. 50c and you dont need machine sticker permits. Just when you pay put it.under total sales, but dont pay taxes on.it. Here where im at vendors did.all dif stuff. Some paid taxes on all sales.some paid taxes on all but water and 50% on pastries chips etc. My comptroller told me I only pay taxes on sodas and non water beverages like powerade monsters etc. Also, no taxes on food items like chips pastries cookies etc (things that are not taxed when bought) as long as there is no eating facility where the machines are located. So.for example a break room you have to pay 100% except water. But say you have an apartment complex or.laundromat you just pay on sugary drinks and candy.

Unless TKK has contacted every county and city in the state to make sure no stickers are required I would check my self.

Archived