Honor Box charity

I have a few full line vending locations.  Am considering adding a handful of honor box (mints, etc) locations.

1) Should I partner with a charity?  If so....what's the best way to do that? 

2) What is YOUR sales pitch?

3) What locations make the best locations?

4) Am I crazy for considering this add-on?  LOL

Thanks all!

I have a few full line vending locations.  Am considering adding a handful of honor box (mints, etc) locations.

1) Should I partner with a charity?  If so....what's the best way to do that? 

2) What is YOUR sales pitch?

3) What locations make the best locations?

4) Am I crazy for considering this add-on?  LOL

Thanks all!

Considering how good the accounts I know you have are - I think you've totally "lost it" to even consider Honor Boxes Beejay  ;D

Personally, if you have a full-line route, I would advise against going into honor vending.

I've learned enough from friends with full-line routes to know that you will be unhappy with the lower return you will get from honor box vending.

The investment of time required for the amount of return you will get, will be hard to get used to.

Compared to full-line, honor vending will be a lot easier on your back, but will eat up your work-day as you have to locate boxes regularly.

It's the nature of honor box vending to constantly have to replace locations.

That's something that would be very new to a full-line vendor.

Heck, the need for replacing honor locations is usually even a shock to us BULK vendors!

And you know how much more often we bulk vendors lose our spots compared to you full-line vendors.

Personally, if you have a full-line route, I would advise against going into honor vending.

I've learned enough from friends with full-line routes to know that you will be unhappy with the lower return you will get from honor box vending.

The investment of time required for the amount of return you will get, will be hard to get used to.

Compared to full-line, honor vending will be a lot easier on your back, but will eat up your work-day as you have to locate boxes regularly.

It's the nature of honor box vending to constantly have to replace locations.

That's something that would be very new to a full-line vendor.

Heck, the need for replacing honor locations is usually even a shock to us BULK vendors!

And you know how much more often we bulk vendors lose our spots compared to you full-line vendors.

Just to present a opposing view, the need to regularly locate honor boxes is, IMO, a great way to polish and hone sales skills.

I dabble in a bit of both (mint boxes and bulk) . I just wasnt sure people were right about "constantly relocating" with the mint boxes, until i started. I have 162 mint boxes (cheap to get out, even with a locator so thats a bonus) , and my bulk has been dwined to 20 sonehing locations. My first 100 mint boxes, within days my phone was blowing up " hi, im calling about this mint box thing, we dont want it anymore". It was a bit disheartening, but after the initial wave of calls it leveled off. My next 100 was about the same, and between the 217 total i had, it was reduced to the 162 i now have, mostly due to kick outs. I know its hard to compare my 20 some bulk route to that ( i had 33, but pulled a lot due to low performing. In hindsight, they made a lot more in low performing locations rather than where they are now, which is my garage). But even with the 33 bulk machines, i never have (even to today) had a bulk machine kicked out. Oh. One, because the biz closed, not sure that counts. Maybe one more thing to consider, is the loss/theft. I never spend time figuring my theft with bulk. With the mint boxes im always calculating, and thinkig "did i make a buck? And if so, how long did that dollar take me to make?" Not tryig to knock the mints AT ALL, just giving my humble .02. There is some honor out there, and im going to keep at it as long As i see profits. I am definitely going to put some focus back into bulk also, just becaise its a safe, somewhat low maintenance addition compared to mint boxes. Hope that helped a little :-).

Archived