Met an operator at SAMs club

havending

Was at SAMs club the weekend and saw a guy grabbing a case mike and Ike. Asked him if he had a sweet tooth and he said no I'm in the vending business. We got to talking and we figured out we share a spot. He also wanted to know where he can get a new chicken machine. He bought the business 3 years ago and has mostly candy but he wants to get out of candy and do toys n gum. I'm going to sell him some stuff we have sitting super cheap to help him out and clear us some space.

That's really cool and interesting. I think it's cool to always meet other operators. Especially when their civil and show each other a mutual respect!

I know many of the bulk vendors in my area.

Have spoken to each of them face-to-face on more than a few occasions.

And EVERY one of them has been a pleasure to know.

There has never been any kind of animosity in our dealings/conversations with each other.

We share quite a few locations and we share phone numbers to help each other out if/when needed.

I understand there are exceptions and some vendors around here may be jerks.

But I haven't met any of those "exceptions".

I started my route by meeting an operator at Sams. I was shopping & she was buying a ton of candy and I told her she must really like m&ms. She told me she was a vendor with 100 locations. I told her I was interested in doing that type of business with my son, something we could do together, and she told me 'you should' and gave me nothing but encouragement as well as the basic info I needed to start.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived