$1 vend in 2"

jayhawk22

I am in the process of securing a new account of 50+ Pizza Huts.  I am thinking of putting my 2" heads at $1 instead of $.75.  From all I have heard this is a smart move.  It will actually make me more money.  Just curious what you guys think & if any of you are running $1 2".  Thanks!

If they're new locations, that's what I've been doing and so far it has worked just fine. For existing locations where the customers are used to a $0.75 vend price, the switch can be tricky. You need to time it with a new product introduction with some premium level products.

Last month I switched my Cici's pizza location from all .50/.25 vends to 1.00/.50 vends and the revenues actually went up.  I think it was the new machines and product that probably created the upswing but the price increase really didn't make a difference in sales.  I didn't have to stock as much over the course of the month which was nice.

The location owner nailed it when he said that the price doesn't matter.  The parents give the kids a set amount of money to spend and they put it in the machines.   They just don't go home with as many toys as before.

• 3 weeks later...

A great deal of CiCi's, Stevi B's and other chains are beginning to recognize the benefits of converting to the higher vends over time. Our licensed items such as NFL, DC Heroes, Adventure Time toys are selling extremely fast right now. And we have non-license novelties such as Birthstone Bears and Karma Bands that weve priced at a $.50 vend but are selling higher in certain markets. So it's really a matter of knowing your demographic spending habits to determine which toy will sell at what price.

In some cases , there will be push back, but eventually people will come around to the fact that prices raise everywhere. They will either buy that $1.00 toy or go to the $.50 item ( maybe twice ). Regardless, you'll get the sales.

A great deal of CiCi's, Stevi B's and other chains are beginning to recognize the benefits of converting to the higher vends over time. Our licensed items such as NFL, DC Heroes, Adventure Time toys are selling extremely fast right now. And we have non-license novelties such as Birthstone Bears and Karma Bands that weve priced at a $.50 vend but are selling higher in certain markets. So it's really a matter of knowing your demographic spending habits to determine which toy will sell at what price.

In some cases , there will be push back, but eventually people will come around to the fact that prices raise everywhere. They will either buy that $1.00 toy or go to the $.50 item ( maybe twice ). Regardless, you'll get the sales.

you have birthstone bears in stock? 

My rep told me they were sold out for a year or so. 

Maybe its time for a new rep as mentioned in another post i have been having some problems. 

Odd. They were out for about 3-4 months, but we do have shipments that are due. We have bulk orders due on October 15 in both warehouses. Keep in mind that it's an extremely hot product and inventory flies out fast ! Right now, I see 1 order in every month for both warehouses and that's it.

Odd. They were out for about 3-4 months, but we do have shipments that are due. We have bulk orders due on October 15 in both warehouses. Keep in mind that it's an extremely hot product and inventory flies out fast ! Right now, I see 1 order in every month for both warehouses and that's it.

Thanks for the update. Can we back order them?

Archived