What would you offer?

sprint54fan

I have a guy who buys storage units.  A locker he bought had some arcade games and some bulk machines. Im looking at the bulk machines. He knows nothing about them, but hes trying so I give him that. I asked him a price and he said make offer! So I will include the three pictures he sent me and the email and you tell me what you guys would offer cash money..I have to drive 3 hours one way to pick them up also.. just to throw that out there..

His email to me:

Here is the list of what I have:

2 units with 4 prize machines and 5 candy machines.
1 unit with 4 prize, 3 candy, 1 sticker machine.
2 dual candy machines
3 sticker machines
8 separate prize machines
5 separate candy machines

2 boxes of: Coin Mechanisms, extra lids, key tumblers, lots of keys, etc.

post-1023-0-44838900-1378349216_thumb.jpg

post-1023-0-40045500-1378349217_thumb.jpg

post-1023-0-10000500-1378349218_thumb.jpg

Looks like really good equipment. All Advance flat machines, I don't care for the A&A PN95 1" machines but there are 16 A&A 2" machines and nice racks. This is some nice equipment. I wouldn't go over $1100, start lower, maybe 500.

A TON of work to be done there.  As I type this I saw Nick's reply and had the 500 number in my head as well.  I'd be up front with him that this equipment is worth more than $500 if he wants to slowly sell everything individually but, given the drive time and the amount of refurb these machines will need - it's a fair number for him.  I wouldn't go above $700.

Thats what Im afraid of also..alot of refurb will be needed here.. looks to be nice equipment tho and I would love to have it to add it to routes..but not going to overpay as I can find used equipment alot anymore it seems. I was thinking 500.00 but wanted others opinions first..

A TON of work to be done there.  As I type this I saw Nick's reply and had the 500 number in my head as well.  I'd be up front with him that this equipment is worth more than $500 if he wants to slowly sell everything individually but, given the drive time and the amount of refurb these machines will need - it's a fair number for him.  I wouldn't go above $700.

All the 2" machines look like they could go out as-is, 4 of them have brand new plexi.

16 PM Premiers Even at 40/machine is 640

3 AA45 at 30 dollars each that is 90

5 Advance 3 columns 250

2 Advance 4 columns & heavy duty stands 200

That is 1180 at reasonable used rates...Doesn't include all the PN95's

Fair enough.  I think you and differ on our definition of route ready.  I agree on the PM Premiers, that's where most of the value comes from here. I'm also factoring in the fact that this seller isn't a bulk vendor, doesn't specialize in this market and sprints travel time.  I might be reading the situation wrong, but he's also doing this guy a favor by taking everything in one transaction.

Of course he is and the guy doesn't know the names of the machines or anything like that to look them up. That is why I said start at 500, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to go as high as 1000 if you need machines. It looks like there is stuff there for a 4th 9 way rack (chrome) there also. I was just stating as in a wipe down and assembly for route ready. The paint on a couple of the sticker machines is the only exception.

You guys arent going to believe this but I pick them up this coming weekend for a price of 300.00! He kept playing the game of make me an offer make me an offer..he said a few amusement operators came to buy the arcade games... I told him Im not going to make an offer just yet until he throws out a figure to  work with.. he came back with 300.00 for all!

Thanks guys..it was luck to find it..right place at right time I guess! Ill upgrade locations on the route and I need one rack now for a new laundry mat I picked up the other week.  So they should go out pretty quick. The guy said they all are in actually good condition..not beat up and all very badly.. so I hope for the best!

Archived