Who reads Vendiscuss?

havending

Every bulk supplier does and I would think all amusement suppliers as well as full line. When this site first came live I can remember operators and suppliers playing it off as a grade school class for vending many took it as a joke even. Well through the hard work of Steve and all the members who post great material our site sets the standard for bulk. I am not an admin nor do I play a role in site management. But I often get calls and emails from suppliers or large operators and Vendicuss is the topic. This past week I got 2 calls and an email. All from suppliers one felt like a BS strong arm attempt and two were basically offering help to members who had an issue with a past product or service.

I think it's great when suppliers post. AA has been doing a great job as well as Mike at Flatline. The others have been quiet but maybe as we grow they will join in more often.

If I were a supplier I would be all over this board why? It's a gold mine for new sales many people who join have never vended so they need your product or service. I would also use it as a way to build upon current accounts. Every month or couple weeks I would check inventory and something I have a lot of or something I had a great margin on I would toss out a killer deal for members. Suppliers already discount for the super large accounts and for resellers.

Why have I been chosen as the go to guy when suppliers want to connect with us? Not sure but I would encourage every supplier to become active here and post. Think out side the box and have fun.

Great post Hav and yes, I agree that A&A has "recently" been more active and less threatening than in the past and I appreciate that. Other suppliers have not been so friendly to our members.

Here is a reminder to all suppliers. I posted this a few months back and it does not take into account A&A's recent change in attitude towards us...

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/13911-A-statement-to-all-vending-suppliers

We'll put have. Thank you Steve. Being new to vending myself, I was fortunate to find a site such as this that I could join and learn from. Reluctantly, I joined, and have learned a lot since joining. Things I have no idea about, vending, suppliers, distributors,, and Locators or locations. I try to learn something new ever day. Being a newbie in vending, I still have a vast amount to learn and thanks to this forum, my learning is accelerated. But still browsing over all posts.

I don't think many "old school" people realize that the internet and the tablets are tools used by almost everyone.  While I appreciate a phone call from a vendor, most times I am busy or driving when they call.  I wish more would use email or text.  In my day job, which is sales, I have more customers that email and text than I do calling me now.  The thing about a text or email is that you won't forget about them.  You have a record if you will that they have contacted you. An electronic paper trail.

I like they way Flatline sends out the emails and TNT and Allstar.  My rep (DerekWright) at A&A sent me one this past week or so on some new products.  I hope he continues.

I don't think many "old school" people realize that the internet and the tablets are tools used by almost everyone. While I appreciate a phone call from a vendor, most times I am busy or driving when they call. I wish more would use email or text. In my day job, which is sales, I have more customers that email and text than I do calling me now. The thing about a text or email is that you won't forget about them. You have a record if you will that they have contacted you. An electronic paper trail.

I like they way Flatline sends out the emails and TNT and Allstar. My rep (DerekWright) at A&A sent me one this past week or so on some new products. I hope he continues.

I agree with your post I do most of my ordering through email. Derek at AA and Mike at flat line are super fast at replies. AA has done a great job at becoming a one stop shopping place. They basically have it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Great post Hav and yes, I agree that A&A has "recently" been more active and less threatening than in the past and I appreciate that. Other suppliers have not been so friendly to our members.

Here is a reminder to all suppliers. I posted this a few months back and it does not take into account A&A's recent change in attitude towards us...

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/13911-A-statement-to-all-vending-suppliers

Nice!  Call'em out.  Nothing sucks more than an unresponsive business!

The only thing worse than poor customer service is someone who gets defensive over there own crappy service!

Basically, I appreciate the comments, even the negative ones. There are times when I call a customer, that it may not be at the right time of the day. He may be driving to a location or changing out a machine. So at the beginning of my day and around lunchtime, I try to check to check the site for new ideas or ways to improve. It's helped.

Archived