website

TKK

I use Google Sites. I just pay $10 per year for the URL: www.MidStateVending.com

There is a small learning curve but it is well worth it and you don't need to know programming code.... although a little HTML is helpful for embedding videos, etc.

Getting started was the hardest part for me, but Google Support helped. They partner with GoDaddy for the URL and they helped link to my site.

In addition Google will get you on their map. So when someone Googles, "Vending near Spring Hill, TN" they will find me nearby pinned to a map of the area.

It beats paying 1000s for someone else to do it, I think.

Yeah a local guy said $150 to design plus $10 a month hosting. But id have to do most and update he said theres tricks to be up in google but didnt get into.it. Another question has your guys website actually landed you accounts

Being on Google Maps helps me. I don't get calls every day, but I land a good account about once a month. There is an option to pay Google to gain a stronger web presence in their searches but I am just one guy and so 'slow but steady' growth works best for me anyway.

You can get on the free local searches: yahoo, Google places, yp, and try Twitter, Facebook, YouTube etc by adding your info online, and call yp. The more your name and tags come up on different sites, the more views you'll get. Leave biz cards everywhere you go too.

If you want lots of hits you might want to check with someone that knows "seo".

Check out http://www.wix.com. I used to design and build my sites, and others, from scratch, but Wix is by far the best DIY site building solution for novice users. Their sites are optimized for mobile and search engines too.

Did you ever use any CMS products like wordpress, joomla or drupal to develop any of your websites?

Did you ever use any CMS products like wordpress, joomla or drupal to develop any of your websites?

No. Everything I did was by hand. That's why I don't do it anymore. There are so many DIY solutions like wordpress that make it so easy to build a site now.

No. Everything I did was by hand. That's why I don't do it anymore. There are so many DIY solutions like wordpress that make it so easy to build a site now.

What is your opinion on using wordpress? I have read good things about it as a cms & herd it is very seo friendly. 

Does anyone know how to design a good website that comes out in Google? My business doesnt even come out. Advise?

First get a Google account. Then go to Google Places: https://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/

Setup is simple. Follow the instructions and then you will be asked to verify your address by post card. Google will mail you a post card with instructions. It may take a couple of weeks but you will be on the google map if someone searches for Vending near your city.

Ok im just paying this guy he makes the websites for the city and has been doing it for years. 100 to design and start it up 100 a year to host. Seo for 4 months free ima try it he told me to take my own pics so it doesnt look generic and I get better seo

Ok im just paying this guy he makes the websites for the city and has been doing it for years. 100 to design and start it up 100 a year to host. Seo for 4 months free ima try it he told me to take my own pics so it doesnt look generic and I get better seo

Prime example of why I got out of the web design business. Everyone wants a world class site but no one wants to pay for it.

Its no wonder the internet looks like a world wide yard sale.

I have done several websites using html, css, javascript, php and mysql, and I can tell you that for someone to write a custom website from scratch (just a text editor and raw code) it takes quite a few hours. TKK, there is no way this guy can build you a real custom site for $100. If he can, by all means take him up on it because its a great value. He probably has some universal templates that he has made, and then add your text and media, which is good, but far away from a real custom professional website.

Guys I need some.help. This guy said I cant use googled images. Can some of you guys kindly let me use a pic or two of a location? I will have some of my own but id apreciate if someone has one or two good pictures of some of your accounts I could use? Id greatly apreciate it!

Guys I need some.help. This guy said I cant use googled images. Can some of you guys kindly let me use a pic or two of a location? I will have some of my own but id apreciate if someone has one or two good pictures of some of your accounts I could use? Id greatly apreciate it!

You can use any of the pics in my gallery if you want.

John

Archived