problem with USI / FSI 3030

genericvendo

I have what I think is an FSI 3030 combo machine (the tag is missing).  I bought it used last year and when I looked at it, we made sure it worked, inserted coins and dollars and it functioned as it should.  Loaded it up and brought it to our shop.  It has been stored in a climate controlled shop for almost a year now.  I did not opt to connect the satellite can vending portion, as I do not have a customer that will allow cans.  The snack machine powers up, but will not accept coins or dollars, the acceptor will not light up, but in test mode, shows to be ok.  The changer will dump change, but will not accept.  The motor test is good, the status light on the acceptor is good.  All the connections that I have seen are good.  I called vendnet tech suport and they said I needed to rerun the motor count test to put the machine in snack only mode.  I have done this a few times.  Anybody have any information on this ?

It sounds more like you have a failed coin mech.  If it won't accept coins but can pay out coins and if the logic board is behaving normal then you should replace the coin mech.  PM me if you need an exchange unit.

The easiest thing to do would be to send the coin mech off to be repaired.  You could buy a new one (or use spare if you had one) but, since it's not working now, send it off to be repaired.  It will probably cost you roughly $40-$60 to repair it.  You can also try finding a cheap refurbished one off of ebay as well as long as it is the correct voltage, but I think that you would be wise to just have yours refurbished so that you don't have to accidentally order the wrong coin mech.

Is this one of those machines where you have to set prices before the mech will function? Does the slave unit need to be attached for proper operation?

You have to have at least one price set, if all are zero then the mech won't accept $$. The factory default setting should be .50 on each selection so unless someone intentionally set them to zero that should not happen. Satellite unit does not to be attached for the snack machine to work.

Archived