Vendo V-345-193 can drink

cvending

I was called to troubleshoot a Vendo can drink from the 70's. Customer says that when a selection is made, the selection runs until it empties the column. This happened on 7 of 10 columns. I have no experience with the older Vendos. I tried to trip the switch on the motor to run selections, but nothing seemed to work. There is product in about 1/2 the columns. I cannot find any manual online. Does anyone have any experience with the V345?

That machine is from the late 80's and is a lowering shelf machine.  From what I can tell in the parts manual:  www.vendoco.com/Documents/Quick%20Vend_WHOLE.pdf

I don't see this as a credit relay issue because the relay doesn't make a motor turn, it only provides the vend circuit continuity.  The motor switches are what stop power to the motors - the switch you actuate to manually start the motor is the same switch that will stop the motor when the cam contacts it and the other switch is the credit cancel switch.  If the motor cams are cracked or broken they might not contact the switches properly, or if someone got a bright idea and broke off the tabs on the edges of the cams there wouldn't be anything to contact the switches.  You could also be missing the black switch actuator arms if someone took them off the machine.  Did this machine work before it malfunctioned?

That machine is from the late 80's and is a lowering shelf machine.  From what I can tell in the parts manual:  www.vendoco.com/Documents/Quick%20Vend_WHOLE.pdf

I don't see this as a credit relay issue because the relay doesn't make a motor turn, it only provides the vend circuit continuity.  The motor switches are what stop power to the motors - the switch you actuate to manually start the motor is the same switch that will stop the motor when the cam contacts it and the other switch is the credit cancel switch.  If the motor cams are cracked or broken they might not contact the switches properly, or if someone got a bright idea and broke off the tabs on the edges of the cams there wouldn't be anything to contact the switches.  You could also be missing the black switch actuator arms if someone took them off the machine.  Did this machine work before it malfunctioned?

AZ is correct. I might add it sounds to me it may have a short in the harness or may have several motor switches that have failed. Vendo's cherry switches are low grade and won't take heavy current. The switches overheat when the vendor has had several columns that are jammed and will burn them up. If you find 1 there will be more to follow.

The only problem with a lowering shelf is getting them loaded correctly in the beginning. When first loading it or loading a empty column always start on the top shelf and then run it down either with money or vend switch. The vend switch operates differently than they do on other venders. Look for the long arm next to the switch and instead of pressing it back towards the switch press it towards the cam.  

This may be a time to break out the volt meter. You might have several problems with each one masking the other.  

Not much information to go on.

What I have assumed is it does take money. So coin mech is good........ It vends until the column is empty........ Sold out circuit is good ........ If tabs are on the cams? That is good. If you can vend a column by pressing the vend switch and it stops at the next tab then the switch on that motor is good. 

When you say 7 of 10 columns Does that mean that 3 columns are vending correctly? And are the 3 that vend are they on the ends like 1 2 3 or 8 9 & 10?

If the 3 are consecutively Check the switches before the last one that works or the first one that doesn't. Moving from left to right. So if 10, 9 and 8 vends. Check the switches on 8 and 7. 

If memory serves me D/N electricity flows right to left and vendo flows left to right.

Cheater cord would be very handy at this time.    

Sorry for all the speculation....... Never have been able to figure Vendo's wiring flow. Give me a D/N and I can fix it in  my sleep.  ;D

Archived