Issue with my Mars Coin Mech TRC-6800H

sturtzy

So i am having an issue with my Mars Coin mech. there was a quarter that jammed in the mech. After i cleared it, any change i put in the machine (be it quarter, nickle, or dime) it goes right out the machine to the rejected coin slot. Ive looked at it, dis-assembled it, and cleared everything out and still it goes to the rejected slot.

Any help? is my coin mech shot after something like that happened (i.e. short, or other failure?)

Thanks

-John

This is where a cheater cord will keep you sane........ I preach cheater cords ....... It maybe you have jammed column........ A credit or maybe something else wrong with the vendor.

A cheater cord will eliminate the problem  almost instantly...  If the vendor works with cheater the problem is the coin mech. If it won't then it is the vendor.

You could try tuning it, that will probably make the problem go away.  Here is a link to the process you need to go through.  Try this first before you buy another one, it fixes most changer bugs 95% of the time as long as there is nothing broken physically in the changer.

http://www.vendorstech.com/TRC_Teach_Procedure.pdf

I have a TRC 6800H, what it is doing, it will light the exact change light, turn off the red light for DBA, it will not accept no dollars, but will take change and dispense drink. I changed it out with a coinco 3341-S and machine works fine. I don't believe it is the DBA, coinco BA30.

I have no luck with the TRC coin mech's, seem like every one has given me problems.

mike

The TRC mechs are some of the best changers ever made.  You have to have ones that have been serviced by a service center that knows what they are doing.  It sounds like you have a bunch of old mechs that haven't been serviced in a long time. 

As for the recent one you have been having trouble with, sounds like you have a tube sensor problem.  Are the tubes full?  If so/if not, where did the coins go when you inserted them?  To the tubes, or the cashbox?

The nickle tube I think would back up and not go to coin box, like it should. I also have a TRC 6000, will not accept quarters along with five TRC 6800H all with problems. Tuning them does not help them.

Shipping these things is a big cost to get fixed.

mike

Mike,

If the nickle tube overflows then the top sensor in that tube is bad.  If you have cleaned the coin paths in the acceptor and have tried tuning them then your TRC mechs will need serviced.  If you would like to ship them all at once to me then you can save a lot of freight and get them all back as good spare mechs.  If you prefer, I could exchange them for Coinco products.

The nickel tube sensor is the problem.  One of the sensors is bad and its disabling the validator.  We will arrange shipping if you send them in, we get really rates, $16 for 2-5 mechs.  If the tune procedure doesn't work, then the ceramic coils are broken, or the main board has a failure.

what is a cheater cord? i have never heard of that before. i emptied out all my tubes and it will still go directly to the reject slot. i ended up finding one from a local vendor for a very low price and it works fine. I am guessing it hasnt been serviced for a long time. the last time any notes were taken on the machine was back in 97 ( so i will assume the worst). that explains a lot as well ;) Thanks again guys for your help.

One thing that hasn't been touched here. Sometimes people take the screw out in the middle of the coin tube cover to empty change. It is faster but when putting that face back on make sure that face is back in place and the screw is tight. If not the coins will not lay against the sensor and then it overflows  and jams coin mech. 

I have seen this happen many many times. 

what is a cheater cord? i have never heard of that before. i emptied out all my tubes and it will still go directly to the reject slot. i ended up finding one from a local vendor for a very low price and it works fine. I am guessing it hasnt been serviced for a long time. the last time any notes were taken on the machine was back in 97 ( so i will assume the worst). that explains a lot as well ;) Thanks again guys for your help.

Here is the link on how to make a cheater cord

http://69.129.141.51:8080/RD/techbulletins.nsf/f82b2b5f8fe737f385256bbf00699a4a/4be027be4de9623885256bcd0057343b/$FILE/tb203.pdf

Archived