Servicing tips and practicalities.....

davidsurvz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, it seems to me that once I have lots of these machines out on route, there is something to be said for ease of service.  With the vendstar, you open the lid, replace candy, and take quarters out of the back.  With the others I feel as if I am taking most of the machine apart to service it.  You unscrew the lid, make sure not to drop everything and pour out your tray of quarters.   Any thoughts on this before I begin to acquire more machines?

Also, I need to buy pipestands for these machines.  Do most pipestands fit most double plates?  Do most double plates fit most machines? 

Gattsby

Yea pipe stands are fairly universal. Amerivend sells a great stand for $27 shipped and I have not found a machine yet that will not mate with it.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I have an eagle that is supposedly set up for 1" gumballs.  It is a white wheel with 3 holes.  1 hole is covered by 2 springs.  When I try the machine it drops through about 8 gumballs.  What am I missing?  I have been looking at this for about 3 days now!  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Gattsby

Thanks Steve,

I have an eagle that is supposedly set up for 1" gumballs.  It is a white wheel with 3 holes.  1 hole is covered by 2 springs.  When I try the machine it drops through about 8 gumballs.  What am I missing?  I have been looking at this for about 3 days now!  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Gattsby

Yes make sure your wheel is positioned in such a way that the hole with the springs is directly over the drop chute. If it is, ensure that there is no room for the GB's in the globe to sneak past the springs and drop down the chute. The purpose of the springs is to keep the GB from falling down the chute.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I figured out I can vend candy from a gumball wheel in my 1800 with a candy wheel from my millenia machine. I put pkg. tape and a business card over the springs on the original gumball wheel and tried to adjust the gumball wheel to dispense the right vend ammount consistantly. I was close but still not quite getting it. I figured I would try a candy wheel from the Millenia machine instead of the gumball wheel and it worked great. 6 PMM's per vend occasionally 5. So I used the gumball base and springs from the 1800 and the candy wheel from the Millenia machine and it works well.

David

In addition to everything said, would't  it ge a great idea if there was a small

sign on the machines stating like $20 fee for every possible placement lead.

That could be a great way to expand with people calling you instead you

looking for them.

Any thoughts?

In addition to everything said, would't  it ge a great idea if there was a small

sign on the machines stating like $20 fee for every possible placement lead.

That could be a great way to expand with people calling you instead you

looking for them.

Any thoughts?

It's a great idea, but you might have amatuers finding locations with no guarentee of quality. Also what if the guy refers you to his buddies bussiness which changes their mind a week later...

Also what if the guy refers you to his buddies bussiness which changes their mind a week later...

I offer referral money as well, however, the referral is not payable until the machine is on location for 30 days. Thats just how I protect myself from what you mentioned Leo. 

Steve

Hmmm, Didn't I tell you to do that? :D I've been doing that for a while now, It works great.

Steve

I knew I heard the business card thing somewhere but I didn't know about the candy wheel. I think this will work perfect for a break room (they requested candy only)

Thanks Steve one again you have been very informative!

• 2 months later...

One more PR tip. I bought some of the (mini) "fun sized" M&M bags a while back. We aren't using regular M&M's in our machines so this weekend when I went to service our route I just handed out a few of the small "fun-size" bags to the locations. Talk about a great reaction from the locations!:D

I think I will do this every 2 or 3 months just to keep the locations on our side. They loved it!!

Everybody thought it was great. I just took enough for each location and delivered them when I let them know we were there to check the machine. It was worth a few dollars for the PR. Maybe I'll make up little labels that say "compliments of Hallenbeck Family Vending" next time.

What do you guys think about the label idea???

David

• 3 months later...