Customer getting short-changed

cvending

I have an AP213 coffee machine that is short changing customers. On a fifty cents vend price, customer inserts a dollar, makes selection, machine Vendos and will only receive one quarter back for change. It does this on a regular basis. Even when I manually payout it skips paying out about 1 in 8 attempts. I changed the MEI TRC 6010XV with a good CoinCo 9302L which seemed to work good for one day and now it is doing the same. I have cleaned contacts on socket for coin mech, check connection, etc. any ideas why this would happen? Could this be a board issue?

Thanks

I agree with Walta.......... They call them Dumb mechs because they only report to the board what they accept one at a time. They only payback what the board tells them to. 

2 bad coin mechs isn't uncommon because they ride in service trucks for a long time and get dirty. Sounds like a sticky payout and it needs cleaned.

Walta, the second coin mech was just back from being serviced. When I installed it I tested it and it worked fine. I also tested manual payout and it worked fine for 20 straight payouts. I am thinking it may be a board issue.

Thanks

Archived