IAAPA show, egg machine

ronsidney

Well guys what was your take on IAAPA's show?

I have to say one of the best ideas i seen was Coast to Coast and their monkey business egg machine and its new prize locker idea.

you fill the machine and put a golden egg in there with a key and the key opens the prize locker and you can get ipad, ipod etc or whatever you want to put as prize.. $700 for the locker and you can add it to any machine,like crane where you put key on plush or whatever..I actually did this about 7 years ago and put just store bought pad lock on homemade locker on top of crane with giant plush toy in it..i ran it for a while but never went nuts with it cause it was so much work with keys etc. I never thought about golden egg idea in a egg machine though..

when they insert key it wont come out of key hole until you come and put your key in and release it so you don t have to keep putting new  locks etc, and its a non remakable key so you don't have to worry about some clever winner going to store and copying it before he puts it in lock either..

My other favorite was probably the pac man machine namco had,, it was really impressive looking and if you cleared the first level you had chance to get into ghost's chamber and get gift card.. then machine dispensed gift card.

i played it and it was exciting, i would have just few dots left and then ghosts would speed up like crazy coming after you and you had to keep going around screen etc(I am a pac man master too) i played like 5 times and finally got the screen clear.. I think it would be great earner but when they said it was 7900 i almost fell over!!  really think this is only future for video is if you can win something, I see all the games going this route, like maybe donkey kong, frogger etc..

also the new norm in game cabs seems to be the "iphone shape" like big widescreen tv on its side vertically with big marquee etc.. every booth had some type video with this kind of look and alot of the games on them where iphone aps. like doodle jump,jungle run,etc.

there was other stuff too but ill let some others chime in with their oppinions

ron

Ron some friends of mine contacted me about the locker to let me know it was at the show. But I they are sold out until next year. Is that something you would constier building ? Could you get it done at a lower cost for operators ? It could be added to so many types of set ups.

Well guys what was your take on IAAPA's show?

I have to say one of the best ideas i seen was Coast to Coast and their monkey business egg machine and its new prize locker idea.

you fill the machine and put a golden egg in there with a key and the key opens the prize locker and you can get ipad, ipod etc or whatever you want to put as prize.. $700 for the locker and you can add it to any machine,like crane where you put key on plush or whatever..I actually did this about 7 years ago and put just store bought pad lock on homemade locker on top of crane with giant plush toy in it..i ran it for a while but never went nuts with it cause it was so much work with keys etc. I never thought about golden egg idea in a egg machine though..

when they insert key it wont come out of key hole until you come and put your key in and release it so you don t have to keep putting new  locks etc, and its a non remakable key so you don't have to worry about some clever winner going to store and copying it before he puts it in lock either..

That sounds AWESOME!

How about a locker than can be added to a bulk rack using a similar concept?

That's a good idea. The cabinet should be the size of a 25" tall 2" capsule machine and, should have two compartments.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I attended the show and thought these mini cranes were cool. The price was $900. I prefer the slightly larger crane because the tiny one doesn't hold enough product.

post-195-13852249438105_thumb.jpg

post-195-1385225072652_thumb.jpg

That sounds AWESOME!

I am very intrigued with the locker idea for a bulk rack.  If somebody built that I'd have to take a long look.  A $20 prize could significantly raise sales.

This golden egg w/ prize locker key idea sounds good but because the egg machine, or any bulk machine, dispenses it randomly and the prize would be of a higher value than the other bulk prizes, I think it would be considered a gambling device in my state California, maybe some other states as well.

In a skill game like a crane it would be ok.

This golden egg w/ prize locker key idea sounds good but because the egg machine, or any bulk machine, dispenses it randomly and the prize would be of a higher value than the other bulk prizes, I think it would be considered a gambling device in my state California, maybe some other states as well. In a skill game like a crane it would be ok.

I would think it would be less of a gamble than a crane machine?? at least with this deal you would get something every time, something that is at retail price(meaning every other machine is dispensing similar products at that price point)

it would be no different than say "cuffs and stuff" mix where you might get a little pair of finger cuffs as the leader item,,,or any leader item in any bulk machine that drives sales.. I think it would never get scrutinized as a gambling device unless you put a bunch of useless stuff in the other caps like say keys to nothing and then one key was winner or similar..

but.... if you put same egg mix and then just added golden egg then its just a bonus, like maybe getting a collectible card in a pack of baseball cards, or a toy in a cracker jack box, or cash back with your visa card, or maybe a free flight with your airline miles, or $100 free if you open up checking account and keep $1000 balance for 3 months, or a free tank of gas with a new car purchase, or kids eat free with paying adult at applebees on tuesday, or buy 3 tires get 4th one free on new michelins, or if you buy large combo of popcorn and drink at movie theatre you get free refill,or rent 3 movies get one free,.......HAS  MY LIST WENT LONG ENOUGH!! lol

every single business has the same system in their marketing.. It will only get scrutinized and attacked by mob (aka..your government) is when you step on the toes of their gambling ring (aka ...lottery).....just watch any old movie about  gambling bosses and how they don't like competition, the only difference between having machine gun Sully enforcing his bosses will is you now have the police enforcing the state lottery's will.. I lost all respect from any government official who gets on the news and says "These gambling machines  take advantage of poor people " etc. when the same government let the lottery be legal..  I have known people that will skip lunch to save money for their pick three ticket.

I attended the show and thought these mini cranes were cool. The price was $900. I prefer the slightly larger crane because the tiny one doesn't hold enough product.

yeah they where cool, all metal cab.. wu mar  made them the same company in taiwan that makes the toy soldier

This golden egg w/ prize locker key idea sounds good but because the egg machine, or any bulk machine, dispenses it randomly and the prize would be of a higher value than the other bulk prizes, I think it would be considered a gambling device in my state California, maybe some other states as well. In a skill game like a crane it would be ok.

By the letter of the law, you're probably correct.  But I'd think it would take some overzealous law enforcement to waste their time enforcing this.

The monkey and the cube are both an EBV. The cube is designed for 2 inch caps and that's how it was displayed. The cabinet with the monkey just takes EBV to another level. Its kind of like a winner every time stacker. There were other EBV machines on display as well. If you have not yet thought about an EBV maybe it's time. The draw back I see to the monkey is that using the higher value prizes in the case will lower profitability on the eggs. You would need to vend low value items at a buck to work in high value items.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious why no one is offering kits for either egg machines that would include different graphics, a new sound chip and toy topper. Could roll out a couple like dinosaur theme and or a sea animal theme not to mention holiday themes. I just think if these machines are gonna remain on a location year after year a quarterly change would be nice and keep the kids interest at a peak. Btw here's a link to crane that plays on the same concept as the prize locker. Always find cool machines in china why aren't more be imported by distributors?

http://www.paokaiwmh.com/html-en/product-WxJmAaEbxQLl-Mini+Crane+Machine.html

Those are pretty cool looking little cranes, and the price is very attractive. Assuming the electronics are dependable and easily available if something were to need replaced, I would like to get a few. Who distributes them in the USA (I'm assuming they're imported)?

Just curious why no one is offering kits for either egg machines that would include different graphics, a new sound chip and toy topper. Could roll out a couple like dinosaur theme and or a sea animal theme not to mention holiday themes. I just think if these machines are gonna remain on a location year after year a quarterly change would be nice and keep the kids interest at a peak. Btw here's a link to crane that plays on the same concept as the prize locker. Always find cool machines in china why aren't more be imported by distributors?

http://www.paokaiwmh.com/html-en/product-WxJmAaEbxQLl-Mini+Crane+Machine.html

I agree.

A change in the topper alone would probably go a long way in keeping things fresh.

But, I like all your suggestions.

Archived