Mars 2000 bill acceptor

reh1023

I had recently bought a used soda machine and it worked fine until the delivery guys dropped it. Now thedollar bill acceptor has a code that says it is not connected the VMC.  could some please tell me where to start checking to see if something came loose.

What model of machine do you have? Tell us how and what side it was dropped on. Was this an experienced vending mover?

That flashing code simply means the machine is not prepared to enable the coinage. This sounds like a multiprice machine so make sure your door switch is closing when the door is closed - it or its bracket might be bent now. The door switch is what puts the machine into the vending mode, which yours isn't apparently in. That is the first thing to check, but there could be other causes.

I had recently bought a used soda machine and it worked fine until the delivery guys dropped it. Now thedollar bill acceptor has a code that says it is not connected the VMC.  could some please tell me where to start checking to see if something came loose.

Have you filled the coin mech with at least 8 quarters and 8 nickels? Also are there at least 1 column with product in it? Since you say it was just delivered and worked before. 

What model of vendor is it?

Are you sure the code isn't 2 flashes (ie.  "Disabled by VMC" )?  This is common on mars acceptors when you open the door and the machine DISABLES the validator.  It will work fine when you close the door and/or hit the door switch.

If it is a 2-flash code, you might want to check out your door switch to see if it's working.  National 145/146's will disable the validator when the door is open and display "Coins Only" until you close the door.  Make sure there is change in the coin mech and press the door switch and see if the validator cycles on.

Edit: Whoops, it looks like AZVendor already touched on this.  Don't mind it that I mentioned a snack machine as the problem is still the same for a soda machine when it disables the validator.

Archived