Vending chips and snacks at bars?

hawksfan9325

Hey guys. What do you think about having a small snack/chip machine at a busy bar? I live in a college town, and I think these machines would do pretty well, as drunk college kids would be craving chips and salt. I think I could do $100 gross a week with a smaller machine. Does anyone have experience with bars/nightclubs? A lot of these places close down food production at 11 pm, but are open until 2 am. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Go for it I have a chip machine at a country bar, that is open seven days a week. I also have a hot nut machine on counter top with cashews in it and a three headed candy machine.

Cool. And what kind of sales do you do? How big is the parking lot/bar? Age range of drinkers there? 

Cool. And what kind of sales do you do? How big is the parking lot/bar? Age range of drinkers there? 

The $1oo dollars a week is what you can expect on chip machine and nut machine I average $85 to 100 a month gross, that is .50 a turn for cashews. The bulk machine does about $65 a month gross. No commission.

This is from 21 to god only knows! lol!

As you know anything salty goes good in machine, no candy does not sell out of chip machine. 

The $1oo dollars a week is what you can expect on chip machine and nut machine I average $85 to 100 a month gross, that is .50 a turn for cashews. The bulk machine does about $65 a month gross. No commission.

This is from 21 to god only knows! lol!

As you know anything salty goes good in machine, no candy does not sell out of chip machine. 

But does it cover your tab ?

Seen bar accounts do terrible. Large country bar in my area has a machine and it does hardly anything for the vendor. He does great with the pool tables and punching machines but not his snack vendor.

I have two bars and the snack and soda machines are for the employees. They do about $1500/month.

$1500 each location? WOW that is good numbers for a bar. How many employees at these bars? What Kind of Bar? How many days a week are they open?

$1500 each location? WOW that is good numbers for a bar. How many employees at these bars? What Kind of Bar? How many days a week are they open?

Both bars together gross $1500...didn't mean to misrepresent. Bar #1 is open wed-sat. Bar #2 is open Tuesday-sat. Live music/night club types of establishments. The number of employees varies widely depending on the event.

Both bars together gross $1500...didn't mean to misrepresent. Bar #1 is open wed-sat. Bar #2 is open Tuesday-sat. Live music/night club types of establishments. The number of employees varies widely depending on the event.

I am shocked that the employees use machines that much, as most bars would offer free meals or at least discounts for food. Perhaps the bar doesn't have a kitchen? $1500 gross. Plus why would a bar ever need a soda machine? That makes little to no sense, as pop and juice should be there! 

I am shocked that the employees use machines that much, as most bars would offer free meals or at least discounts for food. Perhaps the bar doesn't have a kitchen? $1500 gross. Plus why would a bar ever need a soda machine? That makes little to no sense, as pop and juice should be there!

Same owner for both bars...each has a kitchen. Owner wants canned drinks so the employees are not drinking from the tap (and adding booze). I was skeptical at first, too. But these machines have been in place over 25 years and continue to generate good sales.

Archived