Interesting Sliver Coin Found in My Machine

dkochan

Wth how.can you guys see a silver quarter. I cash in about $1800 a.month in quarters. Aint nobody got time fo dat

You don't just have to see them; you can hear the difference.  Same goes for Canadian quarters; they make a different sound when they're dumped from the cash box.  I'd say it's a jingle-type sound.  I count every quarter by hand at each location so I always know when there's silver or Canadians in the machine.  I've only found 2 silver quarters so far.

I sold most of mine last year when they were going for around $290 a roll.

Gathered them all up and cashed in about ten rolls, that was a nice payday. I would always say when using the counter at TD when hearing one, there is another $7.

Not sure what they go for now,but know silver is down.

I sold most of mine last year when they were going for around $290 a roll.

Gathered them all up and cashed in about ten rolls, that was a nice payday. I would always say when using the counter at TD when hearing one, there is another $7.

Not sure what they go for now,but know silver is down.

Smart. I did the same. Sold one last week for 170. Precious medals are a bad investment in my opinion.

Precious medals are a bad investment in my opinion.

They are a store of value and an insurance policy against currency collapse. See charts for historical prices of silver and gold.

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/ag95-pres.gif

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/au95-pres.gif

A 1964 quarter today will buy a gallon of gas as it did back in 1964.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

They are a store of value and an insurance policy against currency collapse. See charts for historical prices of silver and gold.

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/ag95-pres.gif

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/au95-pres.gif

A 1964 quarter today will buy a gallon of gas as it did back in 1964.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yeah I know the dooms day idea. Guns and bullets would be the more valuable in that unlikely situation.

I dint find a way for me to find.one though, unless I banged all of them against the floor and hoped to hear a dif sound

I've collected coins for years!  Over that time, I've discovered the difference in sound so my ear notices it; some people don't pay any attention.  (Such as the person who put it in your machine)

I notice the chime when I'm pouring them into my bag.  Also:  If you roll your coins, you can simply look at the edge of a stack of quarters and if it doesn't show copper, you either have a silver one or Canadian.  Discard those (if there are any) and check the date.  If 1964 USA or earlier, it's 90% silver content.

I've collected coins for years!  Over that time, I've discovered the difference in sound so my ear notices it; some people don't pay any attention.  (Such as the person who put it in your machine)

I notice the chime when I'm pouring them into my bag.  Also:  If you roll your coins, you can simply look at the edge of a stack of quarters and if it doesn't show copper, you either have a silver one or Canadian.  Discard those (if there are any) and check the date.  If 1964 USA or earlier, it's 90% silver content.

Rolling quarters must suck!! I have found a silver Canadian as well.

In 4 years of vending, I have received 7 silver quarters and 11 dimes.  All the dimes have come from the same machine.  I have one dime machine that gives 2-1/2" gumballs each vend.

Yes it does.

I don't roll the quarters.  They go to the bank; I just thought if anyone who does roll quarters may find looking at the edge of the coins to be an easy way of spotting silver.  I suppose if you just grab a handful at a time, even if you don't roll them you could check the edges and discard them into another bag.

In 4 years of vending, I have received 7 silver quarters and 11 dimes.  All the dimes have come from the same machine.  I have one dime machine that gives 2-1/2" gumballs each vend.

Yes it does.

Rolling quarters really must suck. Is there another method to finding these silver quarters?

Buy a coin wrapper

Archived