MC5920AH

AngryChris

I am trying to get a VN 2511 to work with an MC5920AH on a DN 368.  I had a harness but it didn't work.  The validator took the dollar but gave no credit (change works but dollars don't seem to register).  I assumed it was just an incorrect harness.

Here's a couple of questions:

I ordered a harness that works with an MEI validator and a mars 6800H coin mech, but I did not order a harness specifically for this MC5920AH model.  I guess the 5920AH has 4 price settings.  Will this harness work with the 5920AH?

Do I need to change one of the switches on the validator?

Shouldn't a 6800H work fine with the proper harness and the 2511 (in case the harness doesn't work with the 5920AH)?

This is an exceedingly frustrating to deal with this problem.

Thanks for all of the help!

If the machine has a four price coin mech in it then it's wired for four prices and no single price mechs can be used unless you remove the four-price aftermarket kit which will also require the vend relay be reinstalled.  Your credit problem is probably just a switch interface issue.  Try high and low pulse settings and try all switches off to see if any of those settings work.

If you are 100% sure the validator is operating properly then it is either an interface or mech issue. Mike is correct that the it will be a hi level or lo level interface depending on the harness. Do you have a picture of the harness?

Archived