What would you do for this location owner?

sprint54fan

Ok..Mexican restaurant..has two restaurants..

Location 1 - We have 2 Impulse machines, a 2" selling 2" balls at 1.00, a 5 head rack, 4 coulmn sticker, and a pinball gumball - Service Vending has a 6 head rack and another kind of local vendor has 1 crane with plush and 1 crane with nobby balls OWNER has 2 seaga singles and a Northwestern 2" and also a huge gas pump gumball unit..

YES thats alot of stuff but Its a killer spot!

Location 2 - We have a 5 head rack, pinball bouncy ball, Uturn 8 column, 4 column sticker, and 1 impulse unit. Local Vendor had his nobby ball crane here but told owner it wasnt doing much and took it to location 1.. I think it was just to far of a drive for him as both stores are an hour apart and hes a good 3 hours from the first stop...

Anyways.. BOTH coin mechs on owners Seagas at location one are broke..boy I wonder why? junk machines..he said literally one mech just fell apart.. anyways he has asked ME to replace them for him... he made conversation with me and told me he would pay for 2 coin mechs if I got them for him.

SO my question is..would you buy them and resale them to him?  OR would you Give them to him and maybe put a bug in his ear telling him im the only real LOCAL vendor he has and it would be much easier to keep track of commissions if he only had one guy at both stores..tell him if he would get rid of services rack and the other guys cranes Ill put the same but better equipment in and take care of him... the coin mechs could be leverage in this deal.. maybe also throw out that I will REPAIR his 2 machines at location 1 FOR FREE if anything happens to them as long as I am the only exclusive vendor?...

what is your opinions?

Give them to him.  This is a good opportunity to get exclusive rights to both places.

Agreed. I have a really nice little barber shop in a low income, blue collar neighbor where my candy and toys are likely the only form of fun the neighborhood kids can afford. The neighborhood kids just hang out in this place, they're not there for haircuts. I've found that keeping a good relationship with this place has been paying dividends. I have a four way A&A rack there with a head of candy, a head of 1" capsule toys, and a three column sticker machine up top. It does pretty well. Two times now they have allowed other charity machines in the place, one was a northwestern triple play the other was 1800 knockoff of some sort. Both machines were placed by people who just let them sit for months without servicing. One day I got a call from the place asking me to remove one the machines. I told them they're not my machine and the owner told me the person who placed it hadn't been there in over 90 days. He ended up just sitting it outside on the sidewalk, where I'm pretty sure one of the local kids took it, smashed it open, took the quarters and likely spent them in my rack. The second machine is likely going to share the same fate.

Get him the mechs and say "Feliz Navidad!"  (Merry Christmas)  But say "Feliz Navidad;" because the Mexican restaurants usually like it when I speak Spanish with them.  He will also be impressed that you're giving them to him for free, so you stand a better chance of becoming exclusive because he'll like you, if doesn't already.

Archived