Superball / bouncy ball machines (don't we luv balls?)

sideburn

I keep hearing that Oak and NW are real good machines.  So far, I am learning about NW with superballs.

What I've gathered:

Super 60 with capsule wheel can hold bouncy balls but what is the ball size range?

Super 80 can hold up to 2" ball (50.8mm) but does it need capsule wheel?

Pro Bowl 850ct gumball wheel w/3 springs can do 27mm ball, is that correct?

Pro Bowl 850ct gumball 1.1 capsule wheel can do 32mm ball, yea?

Can they handle smaller size balls?

Or am I better focusing on another vending machine brand that specializes bouncy balls?

I keep hearing that Oak and NW are real good machines.  So far, I am learning about NW with superballs.

What I've gathered:

Super 60 with capsule wheel can hold bouncy balls but what is the ball size range?

Super 80 can hold up to 2" ball (50.8mm) but does it need capsule wheel?

Pro Bowl 850ct gumball wheel w/3 springs can do 27mm ball, is that correct?

Pro Bowl 850ct gumball 1.1 capsule wheel can do 32mm ball, yea?

Can they handle smaller size balls?

Or am I better focusing on another vending machine brand that specializes bouncy balls?

The NW 1" machine can look like its a little tricky but it really isnt.  A capsule wheel will vend a 27 or 32mm BB, but you must add a riser for the 27mm.  The rocket or gumball wheel wheel vend only the 27mm.  Some people run the rocket wheel with a riser.  It prevents any double vends from happening.

A NW 2" machine will vend either a 45 or 49mm BB using a 2 "capsule wheel. It will also vend a 27mm BB using a Rocket wheel or a 32mm BB using the 1" capsule wheel.

The wheels in a 1" machine are different from the wheels in a 2" machine.  Also remember to use a baffle in any machine you are vending BB from. If you mix the 27 and 32mm BB together you may have problems.

What I do is vend all my 27mm BB in my Shootin Hoops machines and the 32mm BB in my Northwestern's.  All balls are vended at .50.

Hillbilly! Thanks for the awesome post! :-) Which machine would you get if you go for 27mm balls?

If buying a machine or head just for BB then just get an interactive BB unit. You will sell a ton more balls. A sports vendor or the twister something like that.

Hillbilly! Thanks for the awesome post! :-) Which machine would you get if you go for 27mm balls?

A Shootin Hoops or an interactive Pinball machine.

If buying a machine or head just for BB then just get an interactive BB unit. You will sell a ton more balls. A sports vendor or the twister something like that.

Yep.

Thats a silly question! That's like asking wich car is best for going to gas station! Oak? Nw? Beaver? They all work great for balls. It's the location that matters most

Glenn in Okc

Yah, my question was referring to Hillbilly post ...what I meant was which of those three NW machines should I go for vending 27mm balls:

NW 1" machine with capsule wheel + riser

NW 1" machine with rocket or gumball wheel

NW 2" machinewith rocket wheel

Glenn in Okc

Yah, my question was referring to Hillbilly post ...what I meant was which of those three NW machines should I go for vending 27mm balls:

NW 1" machine with capsule wheel + riser

NW 1" machine with rocket or gumball wheel

NW 2" machinewith rocket wheel

I would go for the capsule wheel with riser.  That way, if in the future, you could easily remove the riser if you decided you wanted to vend capsule toys out of the same machine.  You could also do gumballs with a capsule wheel and riser.  More versatile option!

I would go for the capsule wheel with riser.  That way, if in the future, you could easily remove the riser if you decided you wanted to vend capsule toys out of the same machine.  You could also do gumballs with a capsule wheel and riser.  More versatile option!

That's cool!!!

A Shootin Hoops or an interactive Pinball machine.

Yep.

You da man Hillbilly!  I still love my Shootin Hoops!  Why?  Because they continue to out perform a "traditional" bulk machine by a factor of 2, 3 or even 4.  A simple gimmick and great machine, yet still much cheaper than most other "fancy" interactive super ball/gumball machines.

Just need Glenn or Ron to invent the next generation hoops machine.  Maybe even a wooden one (lol)!  Long live the hoops machine! 

Oh, and works great with gumballs too!  Hoops are the "real deal".   If you ever see a hoops on CL or eBay for under $150, grab it before someone else does.

only problem for using a 2'' machine for 1 in stuff is that they hold a lot and for a person just starting it will tie a lot of $$$ up in order to just make the machine look decent.

I wonder if NW 2" machine with 27mm balls has better ROI than NW 1" machine because it holds more balls and less number of refill trips.  Also, does anyone know the approx number of 27mm balls that 1" machine and 2" machine can hold?

Archived