The Ultimate Combo Machine from A&M Vending

Billy121168

Has anyone used or know of anyone who has used this machine.I understand that combo vending machines are discouraged,however, A&M is a reputable company.I also understand the pricing of this machine is high to me,but if I were to get this machine in good working cond. for $2500 per machine would this be a good idea.If no please explain. Thanks to all who take the time to commentpost-6685-0-18099700-1389856201_thumb.jpg

Has anyone used or know of anyone who has used this machine.I understand that combo vending machines are discouraged,however, A&M is a reputable company.I also understand the pricing of this machine is high to me,but if I were to get this machine in good working cond. for $2500 per machine would this be a good idea.If no please explain. Thanks to all who take the time to commentattachicon.gifucombo.jpg

You are right that A&M is a reputable company, but they are in sales and service and not operations. First you need to understand that these kinds of machines will only be good for small low volume locations. If you can place it in a location that generates 100 a week consider youself lucky and hope that someone does not come along and offer to put full size machines for more variety in place of yours.

Second you need to understand that there is a cost that you incur to provide service (fill) machines. It doesn't matter if its once, twice or every day of the week. Read the cost to service thread for more on this.

Third is your ROI, If you are only pulling 75-80 every time you service then your cost of goods and cost to service will pretty much eat up your revenue leaving you with a very long ROI compared to what is the norm.

I believe what you are looking at is a machine built by Seaga.  Yes, as A&M is stating, it is built in the US, but it is probably the single worst US manufacturer in vending and I'm sorry A&M, with their reputation, are trying to sell it to people.  Seaga produces their machines with parts made almost exclusively in China, they provide very limited tech support that does not even include a wiring diagram for any machine they produce, and their parts pricing is expensive as is the shipping costs they charge to send parts to you.  For that same $2500 you can get two used location-ready soda and snack machines and put them into a larger account that will generate more revenue than this single machine ever will.  If you wish to use combos you can, for the same $2500, come very close to paying for two used, location-ready AP or National combo machines that you can get real, true technical and parts support for.

I agree with Mission, the cost to service this type of machine is high; therefore the ROI makes it not worthwhile.

Arizona, this is a Wittern machine.

I have two of these machines. I bought these to service accounts that are very limited on space. Needless to say, I've been disappointed to learn (the hard way) that combo machines are not good investments as stand alone machines. Although these machines perform well (after much trial and error), they do not hold enough product to provide longer service intervals. The high capacity can drawer is good...I wish they had two inside instead of two bottle trays below.

Joe Nichols (owner of A&M) is the first person I spoke with about vending. He gave me great advice getting into the business...for this, I am truly grateful!

Archived