Cleaning mechs

cashman

For a general dusting, I use a can of compressed air. Pull out the flight deck and blow.

For grime, I wet a paper towel lightly and gently rub. Blow with canned air to dry.

A recent thread talked about putting the unit in a dishwasher. I just tried this with one and I'm letting it dry for a week before I check out the results.

For a general dusting, I use a can of compressed air. Pull out the flight deck and blow.

For grime, I wet a paper towel lightly and gently rub. Blow with canned air to dry.

A recent thread talked about putting the unit in a dishwasher. I just tried this with one and I'm letting it dry for a week before I check out the results.

I did the dishwasher deal to one and it came out clean and work fine after a week of drying out.

I did not use the hot water or soap.

Use no solvents or oils of any kind and rinse off any soap residue to avoid collecting grime - kind of like cleaned carpets that aren't rinsed properly and collect dirt faster that before they were cleaned.  Honestly, I don't clean an mechs unless they are getting repaired and rebuilt.  Just wiping the grime out of the coin path with a DRY paper towel and running a fingernail down the coin track will clean it sufficiently.  You just want to clean any grime that will impede the rolling coins.

Archived