Just bought a Rowe 4900s... my 1st snack machine, thoughts?

Winegar

So, I checked the machine out this morning before work, 7degrees outside... When I press $0.25 it gives me a dime.... When I press $0.10 it gives me a quarter.... When I press $0.05 it gives me a nickel... So when I put $1 bill in it, it thinks its giving me 3 quarters for a $0.25 item, but in realiaty its giving me 3 dimes.... It does the same if I put in 4 quarters and purchase a $0.50 item, I get 2 dimes back....

I tried the Off, Off, On switch setting on S-1, but had the same results.... I did notice on the board above the coin mech where the coin mech plugs into, it saying ""On MARS... and Coinco 9300L Mechs. the S-2 switch on the coin mech. MUST be in the "Hi Level" position"".... Of the eight switches on S-2 only the second one (OBA Enable) is turned ON, the rest is OFF, but nothing is mentioned on S-2.... Only: Escrow, OBA, $5 accept, not used, not used, Multi vend, Led test, Free vend....

I downloaded the Coinco 9300L manual this morning and read most of it... I see in the manual where it refers to the switch I mentioned above, its on the coin mech, NOT the S-2 Main Board!.... I will double check that when I get home, but guessing it wont matter any....

Guessing there is something wrong with the coin mech, or is there a board inside the box where the coin mech plugs into, where the $0.10, etc buttons are?

Are you getting consistent payouts of wrong coins?  Is there a tube that won't pay change at all while coins are consistently paid from the wrong tube?  If all tubes will pay out but two of the tubes appear to be mixed up then perhaps the payout solenoids are plugged incorrectly onto the board in the coin mech.  I've never seen this be a wiring problem in the machine and the logic board doesn't dictate which coins get paid out after a vend, the coin mech determines that.  It's only overridden when you force the machine to command a certain coin be paid out.  I'm sure the problem is in the coin mech and probably a switch of the solenoid connectors.

Yes, it seems that no matter what I insert into the BA or Coin Mech, it credits fine, and shows the correct denonination has be credited..... But when it comes to payout, It always gives a dime when a quarter should come back and a quarter when a dime should be change.... Everytime I press $0.25, I get a dime, and vis-versa!.... Nickels are always 100% correct all the time, so it is like the two (dimes and quarters) are reversed in the Mech.... I will take it apart later today and verify!...

AZ, I sent you a couple of PM's!

That's exactly what it was!... It works great now!... I set the switch to accept $1 coins and that works as well... So, whoever rebuilt this machine does not know what the hello they are doing!

The close up photo you can see the far right solenoid is plugged into the far right position on the board and vis-versa!.... Swapped that and it's all good.....

I am getting a single error for the CBA2 now that I did not get when I first put it in, (it was 70deg from the house) but now it is well below freezing and I'm thinking that might have something to do with it... However the BA works fine and does not seem to be bothered by the error, also it is an unlisted error in my manual.... Er80-48

post-8289-0-12065400-1392154716_thumb.jpg

post-8289-0-57372300-1392154751_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Well, that CBA2 finally took a crap.... It sat all winter and now it does nothing but flash at me.... I have reset it several times and nothing.... Looks like I'm going to do the replacement board option at this point.... I made "okay" $$$ from it last season so it is worth it to be to keep it up....

I do have a question though... I read somewhere that if I put a MEI BA in the factory location, I will have to make it a "downstacker"... What does that require to do? I have an extra MDB MEI BA and will source a changer..

thanks guys!

I read somewhere that if I put a MEI BA in the factory location, I will have to make it a "downstacker"... What does that require to do?

Just mount the validator bracket upside down and put a rightside up sticker on the validator bezel.

There is also a conversion that uses a 9340L coin mech and a Coinco BA30 validator that connects through a Coinco harness to the coin mech.  I have that setup if you don't want to spend on the upgrade board.

Oh, that makes sence!... As the validator can be set to accept from all 4 directions anyways... Nice!

I though it was going to be something to do with takeing the validator apart and turning something around or whatever...

I already bought the replacement board kit, wiring and MDB wiring harness and the bracket... Lutech.... I also already have a VN2512 validator...... I had an extra VN4510 changer but my first one started paying out weird amounts and looks like someone a long time ago poured something through it and has the ribbon that connect to the bottom coming apart....

11df506997f6866e8e5e5e2c6584d33c.jpgd423ee97a688b812ff29ed96d2e7e550.jpg

Giving this a try first... The ribbon was all corroded and the tracks were all loose.... Hope this works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know if you need a replacement for your coin mech.

Will do, thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were a lot of extra length in the ribbon so I took a new razor and carefully stripped back another 1/4" until it looked all fresh and clean, cut the old off... Reinserted & hoping this helps....

I did notice before when the changer was acting up, if I slightly moved this cable it would work fine for a few days, move it a little more for a few more days... Finely I just swapped it out... I kept thinking that it would be fixed each time, but wasn't worth the effort any more when I had a new one to replace it already!

I see what you were talking about AZ on turning the validator upside down.... but I do not have the "snack bezel".... I'm going to check with my local vending dude and see if he has one he could trade me.... as if I just put a new sticker on it, the arrow points the wrong way...

Archived