breast cancer charity machines

jerrybrecko

I was on this really nice site called vendforacure.com  it was bulk vending machines to support breast cancer charities.  I called the number and it is out of service.  I dont know if they are having phone problems or if they are out of business.  Does anyone here deal with them?

Thanks

Those machines were something I saw very regularly around my town a few years ago.

They disappeared awfully quick, though.

My guess is someone bought into the offer lock-stock-and-barrel only to find later that the machines weren't making them rich.

Last one I saw was a about a year ago.

I had one owner of some of these trying to sell me his route...I passed.

Same thing happened at a lot of my accounts. They started showing up a few years back. Whoever it was seemed to be buying them brand new. The machine itself wasn't much, but the display with all the pink and the ribbons did make itself known. I'm kinda thinking like Sherlock though. Some poor bastard took out a second mortgage to buy a bunch of overpriced machines that would've take 10 years just to recoup his initial investment on. Anyway, over the next couple of years they started letting the machines go. They sat around collecting dust. The mints were left in the machines faded and melted. Then they started removing them one by one, either the owner or the locations. There's not any left around any of my stops now that I can think of. There was a breast cancer thrift store that had some similiar type of machine for sell, they were asking like $250 or so used.

Archived