Cancer charity honor boxes

I vend York patties. My cost is 7.1 cents each. I sell at .50 cents each or 3/$1. Im running my route on a 2 week/4 week cycle. I run my bulk route on a 4 week cycle.

I have been toying with the idea of selling the small Reese Peanut Butter Cups at .25 cents or 5/$1 at some of my locations that seem to be getting a little bored with the Yorks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vend York patties. My cost is 7.1 cents each. I sell at .50 cents each or 3/$1. Im running my route on a 2 week/4 week cycle. I run my bulk route on a 4 week cycle.

I have been toying with the idea of selling the small Reese Peanut Butter Cups at .25 cents or 5/$1 at some of my locations that seem to be getting a little bored with the Yorks.

I am hesitant to put out chocolate candy. I can just imagine the high shrinkage that you would have. Just my two cents.

I am hesitant to put out chocolate candy. I can just imagine the high shrinkage that you would have. Just my two cents.

Do you think that the shrinkage would be much higher than they are with Yorks?

A couple of things have kept me from going that direction thus far...

1. I am not eager to start stocking another item.

2. I dont want to have "price confusion" with my locations. Ive been selling Yorks for 50 cents for quite awhile and if I swap the box and offer Reeses PB cups at 25 cents AND THEN switch back to Yorks 2 months later.....You get the idea

3. I love the simplicity of offering a single product and I think many of my locations also like the simplicity. If I start doing product swaps, I wonder if some locations will think its a "pain in the..." and decide they dont want ANYTHING now.

I think shrinkage will be a lot higher with RPB than Yorks because many people (especially kids) like that type of candy better others myself included. I may be wrong but I do not want to find out either. I like keeping it simple just like you.

• 1 month later...

I will be up to 100. I plan on placing several hundred, the money from the boxes will help me to keep expanding my bulk vending business too.

How about a progress update? Are the boxes doing well? Were you able to reach 100 boxes placed? 

How about a progress update? Are the boxes doing well? Were you able to reach 100 boxes placed? 

My boxes are doing very well.  I now have 150 out and making good money. Next week I hope to order another 50.

What kind of locations are you getting? Is it worth the time verses your racks? Our is it a stepping stone to help build the racks?

I am getting a wide variety of locations large restuarants, appliance stores, bar and grills, brake shops, I have a box in almost all the locations that would not let me put a machine. The boxes are making more money per box then my machines but they do take a lot more time to service because most of mine go empty in a week or less.  I hope the level out a little but I am loving the money. I plan to keep putting out boxes and hire someone to service them I just have to be able to check their background real well and take measures to insure their honesty.

I notice you ask a lot of questions but have you actually taken any of the suggestions and started making more money? I understand wanting to know everything ahead of time but at some point you just have to take the leap after all the boxes cost very little to start with 50.  My wife just quit her job and she could not be happier.  I have boxes doing over sixty a week so yes it is worth it.  I plan to use the money to keep buying racks and I hope to be able to buy out a vender in my area that wants to sell.

I like to diversify for safety of income, so I plan to buy some cranes later and expand expand expand.

I am getting a wide variety of locations large restuarants, appliance stores, bar and grills, brake shops, I have a box in almost all the locations that would not let me put a machine. The boxes are making more money per box then my machines but they do take a lot more time to service because most of mine go empty in a week or less. I hope the level out a little but I am loving the money. I plan to keep putting out boxes and hire someone to service them I just have to be able to check their background real well and take measures to insure their honesty.

I notice you ask a lot of questions but have you actually taken any of the suggestions and started making more money? I understand wanting to know everything ahead of time but at some point you just have to take the leap after all the boxes cost very little to start with 50. My wife just quit her job and she could not be happier. I have boxes doing over sixty a week so yes it is worth it. I plan to use the money to keep buying racks and I hope to be able to buy out a vender in my area that wants to sell.

I like to diversify for safety of income, so I plan to buy some cranes later and expand expand expand.

I was asking on the honor boxes to help others in locating for them.

I have started the process that I've asked about for racks and so on. I started breaking down my 8 select uturns to 4's like suggested and am ordering 3 2" capsule machines to add to my current uturn racks, and as soon as I find the parts for my northern beaver I will build my first 5 way rack to replace current equipment at a restaurant.

I ask a lot for bout only my vending company, but locating as well.

I also only have 2 days a month currently that I can service machines. I use my time as wisely as possible.

I understand that I have been there. I just got back from placing 60 boxes out of town and servicing them and my machines, I was gone 12 days and I leve again Tuesday mornng very early.

I work full time, manage my locating company, and run my route. With in 5 years I will be strictly vending. Locations are tough in my area. In about 5 years I'll be able to travel

I work full time, manage my locating company, and run my route. With in 5 years I will be strictly vending. Locations are tough in my area. In about 5 years I'll be able to travel

I think all locations are tough, we are spread out far because I am not close to any large cities, so it takes a lot of traveling and gas.

Well you guys talked me into it, I just ordered some plastic mint boxes. I'm signed up with NCCS for some of my bulk machines. Still looking at charities, not sure if I'm going to use NCCS. I sent Shirley an email asking about NCCS on Mint boxes. She told me they are the same sticker but I guess you have to sign another contract for the honor boxes. Does this mean I have to pay another $10.00 set up fee then $1.50 a sticker until I get 25 then down to $1.00 each? She sent me the new contract. Anybody have any experience with them on this? I have about 65 stickers on my bulk vending machines now.

What is your price point and how many candies are you putting in each box? What type of candy are you using and what are your boxes averaging per month? What is your shrinkage per box?

I am a little unsure about the term price point, but I sell person mints 3 for a 1.00  cost is .04 each, blow pops 50 cents, cost 8 cents a piece, candy sell 3 for 1.00 cost 9 cents a piece. I am not selling a lot of candy trying to stay away from that.

I have 150 out and by the end of next week I should have another 50 delivered they have already been ordered,  and I will place them right away.

Are you the person who has like 650  boxes all plastic? If so I would like to ask a few questions.  I have 3 plastic boxes and I am going to start ordering more of them.

You mentioned you are using the charity to raise money for breast cancer research. Are you buying the Pink Ribbon Charity Displays or one of the plain charity boxes and using some other stickers from another source?

I am using the Pink Ribbon Charity Display, but I am also going to start using more of the plastic boxes.

Is there a way to only get just a handful of pink ribbon boxes? I live in a small town and just want them for here to try some things out. Kind of a test I guess.

Is there a way to only get just a handful of pink ribbon boxes? I live in a small town and just want them for here to try some things out. Kind of a test I guess.

Get there number from there website and call them and you can order smaller amounts that way.

I am a little unsure about the term price point, but I sell person mints 3 for a 1.00  cost is .04 each, blow pops 50 cents, cost 8 cents a piece, candy sell 3 for 1.00 cost 9 cents a piece. I am not selling a lot of candy trying to stay away from that.

I have 150 out and by the end of next week I should have another 50 delivered they have already been ordered,  and I will place them right away.

Are you the person who has like 650  boxes all plastic? If so I would like to ask a few questions.  I have 3 plastic boxes and I am going to start ordering more of them.

I am using the Pink Ribbon Charity Display, but I am also going to start using more of the plastic boxes.

No I don't have that many. I presently have about 300 boxes. But if you need any questions answered feel free to PM me.

• 3 months later...

Get there number from there website and call them and you can order smaller amounts that way.

Hey L&L what part of TX are you in and how are those Pink Ribbon Boxes still doing for you?

I ordered a few plastic boxes last week. I think I am going to order 50 of the Pink Ribbon Charity Boxes today just to get things rolling.

Hey Lake Cities I'm also considering the Pink Ribbon Boxes, did you ever get any and how are they doing for you?  Also whereabouts in TX are you?

Archived