Radio Wave Interference

Question:

Can radio wave from a communication type radio some one carry's on their hip interfere with the control board of a AP 6000?

They moved the table with the radios  next to my machine in lunch room and every-once in a while my machine takes the dollar and it don't show on display.

I was there today servicing machine and one of the employees came in mad as a ####, claiming my machine was a pos and all it does is steal money from them! It took his dollar. Of course I gave him his dollar back no problem. Which he promptly put right into machine for a apple pie and it work.

The owner came in as I was giving the person his money and said it took his money last week to. He was not as upset as the worker. 

I took the dollars out of the bill holder and proceed to run all the dollars in DBA with out a hitch. I counted $85 in ones once I got home. Also ran quarters, dimes,nickles into Mars 4000 coin mech. no problem.

I have a spare TRC 6000 to put in it for in case, should I try it?

Or have them move the table of radios?

I don't know if the radios would do that or not. Are they turned on and receiving while on the table or are they turned off and just charging?

You might have an actual validator problem that isn't sending the credit to the board. What model of validator is it and has it worked for a long time before this? If it's a Mars VFM the lost bill credits means the elevator switch isn't triggering so no confirmation of a stacked bill is made. This could be bad belts or a bad elevator switch. If it's a Mars VN then make sure it's set on the short pulse interface.

The only way to rule out the radios would be to move them but they might need to be quite far away from the machine.

Question:

Can radio wave from a communication type radio some one carry's on their hip interfere with the control board of a AP 6000?

They moved the table with the radios  next to my machine in lunch room and every-once in a while my machine takes the dollar and it don't show on display.

I was there today servicing machine and one of the employees came in mad as a ####, claiming my machine was a pos and all it does is steal money from them! It took his dollar. Of course I gave him his dollar back no problem. Which he promptly put right into machine for a apple pie and it work.

The owner came in as I was giving the person his money and said it took his money last week to. He was not as upset as the worker. 

I took the dollars out of the bill holder and proceed to run all the dollars in DBA with out a hitch. I counted $85 in ones once I got home. Also ran quarters, dimes,nickles into Mars 4000 coin mech. no problem.

I have a spare TRC 6000 to put in it for in case, should I try it?

Or have them move the table of radios?

The TRC 6000, being a coin mech, isn't going to solve problems with the validator.  You could try an in-line filter or maybe your BA is ready for a rebuild - they don't last forever.

I don't know if the radios would do that or not. Are they turned on and receiving while on the table or are they turned off and just charging?

You might have an actual validator problem that isn't sending the credit to the board. What model of validator is it and has it worked for a long time before this? If it's a Mars VFM the lost bill credits means the elevator switch isn't triggering so no confirmation of a stacked bill is made. This could be bad belts or a bad elevator switch. If it's a Mars VN then make sure it's set on the short pulse interface.

The only way to rule out the radios would be to move them but they might need to be quite far away from the machine.

I've had the machine two years now, it was a refurbish machine when I bought it along with the Mars vn DBA.

Also it is in a plug by itself and no flickering lights in lunch room.

If the problem is only on bills and never on coins and it's set to short pulse then remove all connectors at the validator and the board and reconnect them a few times to clean the connectors. If you still get complaints then it's probably time to rebuild the validator.

It is very in unlikely that the radio itself is the problem.

More likely is they installed a power strip so they could plug in the radio that strip may not be grounded.

Maybe the cord for the machine got under the machines leg and was damaged.

Is the filter kit installed on the machines lamp?

Is the machine plugged into a grounded outlet?

Is the ground pin in the machines cord still present?

Try removing the lamp for a week and see if the problem persists.

Walta

It is very in unlikely that the radio itself is the problem.

More likely is they installed a power strip so they could plug in the radio that strip may not be grounded.

Maybe the cord for the machine got under the machines leg and was damaged.

Is the filter kit installed on the machines lamp?

Is the machine plugged into a grounded outlet?

Is the ground pin in the machines cord still present?

Try removing the lamp for a week and see if the problem persists.

Walta

Thanks AZ and Walta

They do have a strip with all the radios plugged into, I will checked it out.

The cord for machine is not damaged and it does have all three pins.

The outlet is grounded.

No filter kit on light for machine.

I will take off the old florescent light and put LED light in its place.

Also ask if the table can be moved to another location.

If none of that works, I'll hit up AZ for a refurb DBA.

• 2 weeks later...

Update;

Just plugging machine in outlet by itself took care of problem.

I had a outlet by itself until the cleaning lady broke her ground plug from her vacuum cleaner in top outlet. she plugged my machine in outlet under table where the radios was moved next to my machine. This what she told me today. I asked her not to move my plug again from this outlet.

And to plug her vacuum some where else!

;D  ;D  ;D

Archived