Using a well known local charity = big bucks.

Zeusophobia

I've been reading this forum for weeks now and I wanted to share an experience.

One of my first locations (and I'm still new to this) is a local charity for the deaf. 

I thought to myself, "Everyone knows what a deaf person is, and people might feel stronger about a charity that helps people in the same area they live and work." So I called the head honcho of the place to tell her that all of my charity machines will be for her charity.

After thanking me, she tells me she's going to hook me up with a guy who owns 6 locations selling hearing aids. This guy, who seems thrilled to put the machines in, tells me he's going to call some of his business contacts and give them my number. He also tells me it'd be a smart business move to go to every place in the county who services deaf people and use the charity as my key selling point. And according to him, there are hundreds of places.

I currently have more places that want vending machines than I have vending machines. I'm trying to sell stuff I don't use to fund the vending machines. I have 8 places that have OKed vending machines that I don't have vending machines for. I haven't even made a single cold call.

All thanks to the local deafness charity.

Yeah?  What's their cut?

25%. I know it's a little high, but I figure I can say the charity gets a "large cut" in my elevator pitch. Also, from what I've read on this forum, the higher my cut is, the less chance of me being pushed out. 

25%. I know it's a little high, but I figure I can say the charity gets a "large cut" in my elevator pitch. Also, from what I've read on this forum, the higher my cut is, the less chance of me being pushed out. 

Give what you wish. It's a charity. If you support it emotionally, then no one here should argue against your percentage.

But, I do want to clarify...

You said: "The  higher my cut is, the less chance of me being pushed out".

That only applies to commission locations.

The amount you give to charity rarely effects your ability to keep a location.

A commission vendor could get you booted by offering the location 20% commission even though you give the charity 25%.

The location owner would think, "I'd rather have 20% in my pocket than let the charity have 25%".

Not a very kind-hearted way to view things -- but business is business to a lot of location owners.

Also from personal experience the longer it takes you to get the machines in to place in the locations the more locations you will lose because people change there minds quickly and they even get forgetful.

Is this fredfarrmer?

NO, NO, NO!

That's not Fred Farmer. That's Farmer John. A respected, long time member here.

Welcome back John. I think orsd might be referring to an old member named fred farmer. He was canned for threatening physical harm to several members.

Archived