national 474 no support

Follow these steps to configure your machine for snacks and cans displaying temperature in fahrenheit:

Perform a RAMCLEAR first:

Find the two pins on the back of your display board labeled J22A and jumper them together.

Press up arrow on your service keypad to see CODE.

Press right arrow to see ENTER CODE and enter 0000 from the selection keypad.

Press the Enter Action button and you will see 0000 on the display.

Press the Enter Action button again and you will hear beeps and the display will show UNLOCKED.

Now perform the following steps:

Press CONFIG on and the display will show CONFIGURE.

Press right arrow to see CNFG MACH.

Right arrow to see your current coin mech choice (should be DUMB MECH).

Down arrow to see CNFIG xxxx where xxxx is the current configuration code.

Using the selection keypad enter the code 1007 even if that is the code that was displayed, and the display will show READY.

To set your temperature (C---------W) where the closer the dashes get to W the warmer the can module will be):

Press CONF button on service keypad.

Right arrow to see CNFG MACH.

Right arrow to see your coin mech choice.

Down arrow 9 times to see the current temp setting.  

Press the left arrow to lower the target temperature or the right arrow to raise the target temperature.

You probably want to start with the dashes ending in between the C and the W and monitor the temperature manually from there.

You may now hold the door switch in and see if the compressor runs.

Follow these steps to configure your machine for snacks and cans displaying temperature in fahrenheit:

Perform a RAMCLEAR first:

Find the two pins on the back of your display board labeled J22A and jumper them together.

Press up arrow on your service keypad to see CODE.

Press right arrow to see ENTER CODE and enter 0000 from the selection keypad.

Press the Enter Action button and you will see 0000 on the display.

Press the Enter Action button again and you will hear beeps and the display will show UNLOCKED.

Now perform the following steps:

Press CONFIG on and the display will show CONFIGURE.

Press right arrow to see CNFG MACH.

Right arrow to see your current coin mech choice (should be DUMB MECH).

Down arrow to see CNFIG xxxx where xxxx is the current configuration code.

Using the selection keypad enter the code 1007 even if that is the code that was displayed, and the display will show READY.

To set your temperature (C---------W) where the closer the dashes get to W the warmer the can module will be):

Press CONF button on service keypad.

Right arrow to see CNFG MACH.

Right arrow to see your coin mech choice.

Down arrow 9 times to see the current temp setting.

Press the left arrow to lower the target temperature or the right arrow to raise the target temperature.

You probably want to start with the dashes ending in between the C and the W and monitor the temperature manually from there.

You may now hold the door switch in and see if the compressor runs.

That's what we tried to do but there was no option for cnfig xxxx. That's where he claimed my board wasn't compatible. I could not enter 1007. I also couldnt get the temp lower than c----- w. Do you think a ram clear will allow this?

The Ramclear will remove any unknown supervisor codes that might be preventing you from getting to the configure mode. I still find it amazing that tech support says your board is incompatible even though all your harnesses plug in. I would have thought they would have suggested an eprom. Maybe they are thinking this is a Glasco board. Their pinouts are the same as the 147 but they work differently that I always thought was due to different eproms. I know the keypads are different between a 147 and a Glasco.

Yes, the keypads are different. The menu doesn't even seem the same on the glasco but maybe that's just because the keypad is different. When I talked to VE, they said they had a ucb for either the gs2 or the 147 but they just needed to know which board was in the machine. That tells me that the gs2 board is not the same as the 147 board. I bet they are very similar though.

I think you're right and the ram clear sounds like the cheapest and easiest route. So to jumper it as you say.. am I just shorting it out? Is there a plug to use?

Update. In bizarre news, I just got a call from this account saying that the soda is cold. I don't understand it at all.

I mean, It's a good thing but that compressor is either super quiet or I'm deaf.

Archived