Which cashless company is the best to go with?

Hey guys, new to the forum, glad i found it! looking forward to all the advice and education there is here!! I currently have a few machines that came with USA tech readers, seem decent, haven't had any trouble, but paying $16 bucks a month for each unit seems a bit expensive. If I can I like to run all 3 payments on my machines, the new MEI looks pretty neat with all in one capabilities but not sure of the cost. probably pretty expensive. Other brands I've seen out there are Apriva,Nayax. I would like to grow my business the right way the first time. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks so much! 

Hey guys, new to the forum, glad i found it! looking forward to all the advice and education there is here!! I currently have a few machines that came with USA tech readers, seem decent, haven't had any trouble, but paying $16 bucks a month for each unit seems a bit expensive. If I can I like to run all 3 payments on my machines, the new MEI looks pretty neat with all in one capabilities but not sure of the cost. probably pretty expensive. Other brands I've seen out there are Apriva,Nayax. I would like to grow my business the right way the first time. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks so much!

USAT seems to be the biggest of the bunch. I use them as well. You need to visit with your rep about the fee structure, there are several options to choose from.

If you bought machines with the card readers preinstalled you are probably in a fee structure that suits the equipment seller.  The plan you're on will be tied directly to how the manufacturer paid for the card readers.  The higher monthly fees are usually associated with very low acquisition costs such as a cheap lease or something like that.  There may have even been a deal between the two companies for reduced price card readers if they were installed on every machine that was sold.  As Mission said, talk to USAT and see if you can get on a different fee plan that benefits YOU.

I'm using USAT & so far they have been pretty good to work with and fees aren't $16/mo. One own the advantages of USAT is that if you are leasing, eventually you own the units and the fees go down, and you can pay off the units pro-rated at anytime in the process I believe. 

Thanks for the info! I had no idea the rates were negotiable upon purchase, all our units came with the equipment so that makes a lot of sense. I did talk to them once about doing something about the monthly service charge but she said they could do nothing. I doubt I asked the right question though. I will have to call back.

Has anyone tried the all in one MEI? or Apriva?

The Mars units with the card reader built in to the bezel is very expensive compared to other choices. The last time I installed any Mars Easitrax units (3 years ago) they were about $600 each. I have no idea of the cost of the Apriva units.

Archived