25 Locations

bhumphrey829

Too many unknown variables to know for sure.

Is this an established route or are these 25 new locations?

If established, what are the route's earnings over the past year or so?

What kind of charity boxes and what do they vend from them?

What is the charity agreement (how much is donated per box)?

These are just a few questions I thought of.

There are probably other things I'm not thinking of, but others will probably chime in.

I have seen an ad on Craigslist (in Rochester NY) that is offering 25 locations for $400. Odds are you saw the same. My guess is that its some kind of biz op scam.

You can buy 25 boxes for about $200. You could locate themselve over a couple weeks pretty easily. This way you would gain some good experience in locating AND you would know that you are not getting scammed.

If you persue this ad, proceed with extreme caution....

Just curious as to why stay away from them?

i got burned real bad by them - ordered 300 locations - the locations he sent me - when I went to deliver box, they said nobody ever called and person for the contact hadnt worked there in a long time.

ones that was called and would take the box was places like a dry cleaner - i didnt think it would be a good location but left box anyways - after a month had .50 in it

when you tried to get replacements - it was a huge hassle- after awhile got where he wouldnt answer phone - only way i got ahold of him was by using a different number

He told me he was having problems with his locators at that time - one excuse after another - that was 2 year ago

I purchased from these guys. Most of the locations were good. I emailed them back to let them know I had 7 bad locations. They replaced them within about a week.

They must have improved their telemarketing recently, since I just purchased in April.

Dry cleaner! I would have definitely refused that one lol. I pretty much just received restaurants for my locations. A few beauty salons, they are a bit slow, maybe only $1.50 a week on those.

I guess it's a bit easier to find locations for them, since were talking small honor box as opposed to large vending machinery.

I see the ads on craigslist. They report that they are successful in the area already. 

Can any money be made with these?  I see them on the counter and then they are gone. Have seen them abandoned  too.

• 3 months later...

Usually the reason for poor locations and good locations when it comes to businesses that sell packages and most locators, is the area the person is in and honesty of the business.

If you have a tough area and you've already purchased the package, they just get what they can. If it's an easy area then the locations will be good, if it's a tough area, not do much. Most company's won't tell you it's tough in your area. They already have your money.

Bhumphreys, you asked which box to buy.......

Although I am limited in experience with either, I do know this from experience, less product and less to handle is usually better all the way around. Do you want to fill 6-8 products? Or 1?

If it was me, I would buy mint boxes, (breast cancer boxes locate easy), and then use the knowledge on here on what to say, and place them all.

The only time to use a locator is if you have time constraints, are shy or not comfortable with people (makes any vending tough), or trying to cover a lot of area quickly. Their area other reasons, but that's the most of it.

Hope that helps. My experience on here is: if one person said use caution, them use caution, if 3+ say use caution, run away!

• 3 weeks later...

I was curious.  I have a company that is selling 25 charity boxes that comes with locations for $400.00 is this a good deal or not?

Did you ever go through with this? I had seen this ad and was curious as well. Name is James Ito, the guy that I've been communicating with.

seeing how everyone has been having luck with them lately - I called and ordered some locations from them myself to see how it works out this time. I will keep ya'll posted

I'm wondering the same as well. $400 for 25 locations, of course not including shipping.

Anyone ever use them to get locations to establish a relationship with location to hopefully place bulk machines later

I haven't, but I have been using single head gumball machines with charity to break the ice. 

I have though gotten customers locations for mint boxes that were only doing it to do exactly that. I never followed up on it, but it's a great idea!

We're starting an order next week for 100+ boxes that said they usually try to add machines later and leave the box as well so that they have a 2 pronged attack.

I personally will give it a shot after I've tried bulk at every restaurant in my area, then will go back through with boxes and see what I can then get. I will probably use Sheridan's boxes when I do.

Archived