a combo unit, is it worth it if its cheep?

No. That is a Genesis machine with very few parts and no tech support available.  Leave it for someone else to have to have problems with, you don't want to buy your own set of problems.  It's better if you look for an AP LCM4, a National 474, a USI side by side combo or an AMS combo.  You'll be much happier with one of those.

I know "stay away from combo units" but is $500 cheap enough to make the first time investment to get on a location? I am about 2 minutes from the location for when something happens. And the machine is only $500. Worth it or not?

How good is the location?  If it's a winner, then I'd do the deal, dump the Genesis and put something better in there - you do not want this machine.

5 minutes from the location doesn't help when no parts are avialable to repair it. If it goes down and you have to search craigs list for parts that may or maynot fix it you will wish you never bought it. Even if it were free you could end up losing the account due to a poor operating machine or this one with very little selection in it. I have 7 of these and everyday I never know what to expect. Sometimes the screen reads error or all sold out or correct change only. Usually the coins are jammed after a week because the stupid way the sorter stacks the coins. When the coins tubes are full, the coins just spill off the top into a slider into a holder. Problem is the coins usually don't topple over then just keep stacking up until no more coins can roll down the chute. Then there is the large energy drink can jamming issue. Seems they just had to put a bar accross the drop zone that catches the lip of the can and holds it part way down the delivery slide. No amount of shaking loosens them but everyone will shake the crap out of it. The motors are really week and stop at wierd places not releasing the snack all the way.

On the bright side I noticed that they make a wonderful tire holder.

I have one, only because it was FREE!

The poor soul who bought into the high price biz op, gave up and left machine at location, telling them it is for them and they can pay to have it moved!

The manager, called me and said to get it off his lot!

Hey, it works, it gives me no problems!

Takes fives, and gives back $ coins no problem.

Five minutes from house brings in over two bills a month.

When the sucker starts giving me trouble, straight to scrap yard!

So don't buy one, wait till it is given to you!

cajun

Archived