USA Credit Card Readers

delb101

Hi

Does any one happen to know all the 3rd party cards readers will work with USA Technologies?

I know AirVend works great with USA and I think Vend Screen will work.

But I am looking for a card reader built into Bill acceptor that will work with USA.

Does anyone know if MEI's Card reader bezel with work with USA Tech?

Thanks

Del 

You can purchase any card reader and then select the back office provider that you wish to use. If your back office preference is USAT then call them and find out what card readers are compatible with their software, just to make sure. Coinco also produces a card reader bezel for their later validators and since they provide no back office service you are required to arrange one yourself.

You can purchase any card reader and then select the back office provider that you wish to use. If your back office preference is USAT then call them and find out what card readers are compatible with their software, just to make sure. Coinco also produces a card reader bezel for their later validators and since they provide no back office service you are required to arrange one yourself.

A local distributor sells these readers (if they are the same).  They reader replaces the coinco bezel.  

There are several downsides with these readers.  One downside is that they seem to cost more than a standalone USAT reader.  Another downside is that you must use it with a Coinco BP or newer validator.  I also don't like the idea of having a reader mounted directly to the bezel as people tend to try to put their card into the cash part but that's just my opinion and it's not really a downside.

The upside to these readers (and others that I don't know about for sure) is that you can monitor all sales yourself (and in real-time I believe) and you can CHOOSE your processing company.... so your transaction fees can be significantly lower and you MIGHT be able to get a better wireless deal.

I think... but I am not sure.. that if you can easily add telemetry without much additional cost.  In the long run, a coinco unit and some other units such as the Mars units may be cheaper but there is much that you have to maintain.  I prefer to use USAT readers because you simply install them and you're done.  You get money (if you have accrued enough) deposited to your checking account usually by Monday.

I actually have a Coinco bezel specifically for USA.  It mounts on billpro models.  I had bought this unit to work with different CC processor and instead needed the generic model.  If you need it pm me and I can offer you a pretty good deal on it.

Archived