DN 2 row can jam

sphincorp

Dn 2 row narrow column, older single price machines

I'm sure this has been answered before, i have a couple that do it.

what is the cause of this problem..is it a bad rotor???

is it the white shim on tyhe left side of the column(worn out) ??

or the micro switches??

thanx

One of my problems was (apparently) an older style sold-out paddle.  The paddle is narrower and rounded off and was intended for older style cans (presumably steel cans).  With the newer design of cans, cans often get jammed up when you load them in with the front facing the back of the machine, especially pepsi products (Mt. Dew, Pepsi, Crush, Mug, etc..).  The simple solution was to turn the cans around so that the paddles don't "lift" the cans up.  My problem though.. the paddle would sort of lift the cans up and cause a jam.

Chris's explanation will apply if you find the front cans getting stuck on the sold out paddle. If it's your rear cans that jam and you do have the white shims on the left side of your columns then you may very well have twisted rotors. The best way to tell is to vend the front can and then empty the column to expose the rotor. Sight down the right edge of the rotor and if it is not perfectly parallel to the right wall sidewall then it's twisted and needs to be replaced.

I have good rotors in stock if you need them. Even if it's the front cans that jam you will need to check the rotor for twisting. Once a column jams, every successive jam will twist the rotor a little bit until it's so bad that the twist causes the jams.

Archived