Price keeps resetting to $99.95 on DN276E

ki4fkw

The price keeps resetting to $99.95 on my DN276E.

It is random and only happens every few months - luckily my account calls me and tells me pretty quickly.

I have replaced the battery twice. . . I'm not sure if that is the issue. The machine isn't losing power that anyone is aware of - unless it blinks at night when no one is there with the machine.

Also - I don't see any markings on the battery's slot - is it possible that I have it in upside down? Which way is correct?

Last question first.... When looking at the battery you should see the flat side ofthe battery (+) . Asto your problem, when the price defaults to 99.95 do you also lose all your shales data? ( meter, STS,). If so, something has either cause the lose of memory, power outage or there was a spike to the AC. I would first check the battery for proper placement.

Try setting the prices then unplug the machine for 15 minutes.

If the prices go back to 99.95 you have a battery / board problem. 

If not you may have an electrical noise problem, check your grounds and replace the lamps.

Walta

If the prices still erase and you have replaced the battery twice, then try reversing the battery.  I believe that if you have a later SIID board with the horizontal battery that the positive side should face down (while the board is in the machine).  Let it recharge (hopefully it's not damaged) and then try turning the machine off for a few minutes to see if it then holds it's prices.

Not having lights on just makes an otherwise nice looking machine dark and uninviting.  I would always prefer a brightly lit machine over one without lights any day.  Turning off the lights is just a lazy way to avoid a problem that could easily be taken care of with new lights or a new ballast, in my opinion.  It's a cost of doing business and lighted machines are professional machines.

Archived