copy machines at schools

redmms250713

has anyone ever herd of copy machines for student use that have advertising on the back of the paper? ive seen one before and thought it was a good idea to copy notes and things for students but i dont see it being a good idea for other important things as it has the advertising on the back.

if you havent seen them, what it is is a free copy machine students can use, and it simply has advertising on the back to make it "free".

That doesn't sound profitable at all unless you lease the copier to the school and you know how to repair it yourself.  I don't see how you could sell enough advertising to cover the initial investment, supplies like toner and paper and to cover the repairs. 

• 3 months later...

Plus the advertisement is probably on preprinted paper, just printed on one side. Then loaded into the paper drawer. All you would have to do is change the paper out and you would have free copies. I work for a copy dealer and they usually charge .05 cents for black and white and .15 cents for color per page. Copiers are not cheap... one drum unit could range from $100 to $1000 depending on what kind of machine you have. And has to be replaced every 100k to every 500k copies. Basically the more they last, the more expensive they are. Service contract is a must have, and hate to say it... leasing is better. By the time you pay off a copier, it's considered old school. Most manufacturers offer full support for the first 5 years then dropped down to parts support for another 5 years. I'm rambaling.

Copiers are expensive to maintain.

Archived