Spreadsheet

wjdavison

I have been building and modifiying a spreadsheet for the last couple of years. Actually several sheets.

I can now see total sales broken out by account, by month, by year, stale product, total purchases, profit/loss. I even track each machines individual product sales.

This last thing has really been a help to see what each account really wants as opposed to what I feel they should have.

I have several snack machines that have triple rows of what sells most.

I will create a sample file and post to the downloads soon.

I would really like some input by the veterans to improve what I have so far.

I'm not ready to pay for a program just yet, so the excell has a workout to do.

I'm not sure what kind of spreadsheet you're looking for but did you look in the download section?

Hey Steve,

When you approve a first post to be placed in one of the forums, like this one was, is there a way to bold the title so all members will know that it's a new post and not yet read?  I find that I can only tell if that's the case if I notice a greyed out title with 0 replies to it.

Thanks.

Hey Steve,

When you approve a first post to be placed in one of the forums, like this one was, is there a way to bold the title so all members will know that it's a new post and not yet read? I find that I can only tell if that's the case if I notice a greyed out title with 0 replies to it.

Thanks.

Interesting. I'll have to do some digging around to see what I can find out. Thanks for pointing this out.

Chris, these are newly moderated first-time posts from new members.  They will usually have an old posting date on them because it takes awhile for them to be reviewed before inserting them in the forum.  However, then they are not bold, or at least on my computer I don't see them bold and therefore I can overlook a new post unless I specifically look for posts with 0 replys.

I don't understand. All new posts that I haven't read cause those titles to become bold for me. There is an option in the settings for it.

The option is called something like "All read" and mine is turned off.

I have been building and modifiying a spreadsheet for the last couple of years. Actually several sheets.

I can now see total sales broken out by account, by month, by year, stale product, total purchases, profit/loss. I even track each machines individual product sales.

This last thing has really been a help to see what each account really wants as opposed to what I feel they should have.

I have several snack machines that have triple rows of what sells most.

I will create a sample file and post to the downloads soon.

I would really like some input by the veterans to improve what I have so far.

I'm not ready to pay for a program just yet, so the excell has a workout to do.

Have you posted this yet? I just bought a business a few months ago and I've been pondering the same either by Excel or Quickbook, but I'm a lot more familiar with Excel than QB.

Archived