Alternative to Vistar

conejo

Hello, I am in the Los Angeles/Ventura County area....

The Vistar in Van Nuys closed and there are no more close to me....any ideas of other stores where I can buy in bulk other than Costco/Sams Club?  Maybe even online options?

We would buy chips from them in the specific flavors that sold well rather than having to buy the pre packed combo packs that had things that nobody wanted.......

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT

I think that you'll find that other than Vistar, Sams and Costco, there aren't any other options.  If you don't do the minimums that Vistar requires for delivery, as RSchlig mentioned, then you could team up with another vendor and order together.  You might also catch a Frito Lay driver at a C store delivery and see if you could arrange something with them. 

Good luck with this and let us know how you deal with it.  Vistar is screwing the industry by closing branches and abandoning entire markets so any ways you might find around this will certainly help others.

Rschlig-

Thanks for your note....

I was aware they deliver but I only have a few machines so hitting the $500 minimum is an issue for me unless the product doesnt go bad for a long time.....

If anyone reading would like to team up on an order Id be interested.....THANKS

Hello, I am in the Los Angeles/Ventura County area....

The Vistar in Van Nuys closed and there are no more close to me....any ideas of other stores where I can buy in bulk other than Costco/Sams Club?  Maybe even online options?

We would buy chips from them in the specific flavors that sold well rather than having to buy the pre packed combo packs that had things that nobody wanted.......

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT

We do have Candyman in Socal, there's one in Anaheim and another in Ontario and they carry case lots of chips in good variety at better than Costco Business Center prices.  I realize that this is a stretch for you distance wise but maybe you could do a once a month trip - sure beats that Vistar minimum and the prices are better.  I also buy a lot of Basils cookie packs and Grandma's Oatmeal cookies there.  The candy and soda prices are not so good but they do stock Monsters at the normal $29.98 per case as well as some Arizona Iced Tea.

Only $500 minimum order? Where we are it is $1200. However you do not need a commercial address they deliver straight to our home. My issue with the "Clubs" is none carry the LSS size. They all carry the 1oz size. As for candy we started to buy at Sams but have found the date codes to be deplorable. We started our venture this October and as I was filling a machine with M&Ms saw they went out of code 10/14.

If you can find someone to split an order with that would be a great way to hit the minimum.

I also would like to find a good alternative to sams, Seems like they just keep slimming down on the vending supplies and vistar might be an option in the future, but with their minimum orders and higher prices it just hasn't happened yet. There is one other option that I haven't seen posted yet from my research, but again the prices are higher. It's frito lays snacks2you program

https://www.fls2u.com/pages/index.asp

Rschlig-

Thanks for your note....

I was aware they deliver but I only have a few machines so hitting the $500 minimum is an issue for me unless the product doesnt go bad for a long time.....

If anyone reading would like to team up on an order Id be interested.....THANKS

Did you speak to a representative for Vista?

They let me order $300 worth at a time delivered to me from Houston. 

When the other vendor and I order together, $400 plus, no surcharge on delivery, just taxes.

cajun

Archived