501T

vendamania

Getting a 501T ready for location...

Noticed a few odd things first it is bare in the bottom back…Is there supposed to be a plate covering the bottom in the back?

Also there is no order whats so ever of the selection buttons compared to the columns. Speaking of selection buttons I guess you have to take the coin mech out to change the labels?

Machine also seemed to be in a frozen state just hit the service button and it went back to normal. This is a general question but I have yet to find an on/of  power button. Is there no power button to turn a soda or snack machine off? I don't really care to plug in live machines.

Yes, it must be unplugged.

It is a pain, but it must be done.

As for back, no plate, you can cut some expanded metal to put over the back of machine to keep critters out if that is your concern.

I did that to two of my machines located out in public.

cajun

Thats unbelievable that soda/snack machines don't have an internal or external power toggle switch.

Critters are my concern being wide open like that … Is there supposed to be a plate covering the back or is it being open normal ? The only reason I can guess that its open so the compressor can breath. Being a newbie in soda/snack I have no idea what normal is.

Thats unbelievable that soda/snack machines don't have an internal or external power toggle switch.

Critters are my concern being wide open like that … Is there supposed to be a plate covering the back or is it being open normal ? The only reason I can guess that its open so the compressor can breath. Being a newbie in soda/snack I have no idea what normal is.

If you do put a screen on it - make sure to check it occasionally so that leaves and other crap doesn't clog up the air flow 

There is a way to turn the door and motor power off in either a single price or multiprice Dixie Narco machine.  Down on the lower left corner where the compressor power plugs in to the junction box you find a short cord leaving the junction that has a round rubber barrel plug about 4 - 6 inches from the junction.  Separate the barrel plug and you will turn power off to the door and the motors.  The compressor and it's fans will continue to run.  If you want the compressor off you can unplug it from the junction or turn the thermostat to off.  That will leave the evaporator fan running and the only way to turn it off is to pull one of the fan connectors apart located behind the thermostat.

If you want to keep trash or critters out of your machine the screen on the back won't help much as there's plenty of room under the front of the door for anything to enter the machine..  If you want to keep hands away from the compressor then you can mount a screen on the back of the machine.  That's the only time one is used. 

You do have to swing the coin mech out of the way to install and remove flavor strips.  PM me if you need any parts for this such as the flavor strips.

So that is just the way it is open in the back ...

Yes I was going to unplug a couple connectors but no big deal I guess … It still doesn't make any sense to me that they don't have on/off switch to do a quick reboot.

I may need some flavor strips.

Archived