usi 3177 snack machine worth?

I looked it up and a 3177 is a 230v machine.  You need to consider that.

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with this model machine.  What I can tell you though... is that USI machines vary by price.  One distributor may think that machine is worth $2000+ where another might think it's only worth $1200.  It depends entirely on the demand in your area.  Being that the machine is supposed to be refrigerated, it should be worth more than a traditional snack machine but it depends on the refrigeration.  I would not buy a refrigerated USI snack machine due to various reasons regarding the design of USI equipment, but I will gladly buy USI snack machines or even soda machines in good condition.

If the refrigeration works and the machine is in good shape, I will give a wild guess that the machine is worth $2,000~

The 3177 machine is basically the same as the 3170 refrigerated snack.  USI is real good about confusing us by leaving certain models out of the parts or service manual lists and for building machines whose model numbers don't match to what is actually built.  The 3177 is supposed to be a square front snack machine, meaning it has square corners on the door without trim instead of their standard rounded corners.  I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to build the square front snack in both 115 and 230V versions but didn't feel it warranted a different manual if the only real difference is the the wiring for the 230V circuits.  Since both the 3177 square front and 3170 round front snacks use the same wiring diagram (kind of weird) they must have figured they had their bases covered for the 115V version with the 3170 RFS manual.

The value is probably not at $2000 as if it's a square front door, production started in 2001 and if a RFS then it was being built in 2004.  Basically you are looking at about a 10 year old machine.  I would say maybe $1500 tops only because it's chilled but it would need to be in pristine condition for that price to hold.  However your market will determine the pricing and if it can be sold for $2000 then in your market it's worth that.

Archived