Looking at adding to my route........Need advise.

TenVend

I m looking at adding some to my route.  My college roommate have a partime business.  This route in right in the middle of our area. Some almost next door to current accounts.  There are 10 locations with 14 machines most good machines except for about 4 of the dreaded Office Delis.  He has had them for years with no problems.  I know this is an issue for most.  But the route is in our area and would be an easy add on.  Grossing about $650-$700 a week with good records.  What do you guys think...?  Would be one day every two weeks which is good for us part timers........

Welcome to the forum. This sounds like these could be good fill in locations for you. I wouldn't pay anything more than one year's gross and I would, at a minimum, deduct for the 2 Office Delis and any other bad things like low prices, paid commissions and needed repairs. This does assume that ten of the machines are real vending machines from reputable manufacturers.

I m looking at adding some to my route.  My college roommate have a partime business.  This route in right in the middle of our area. Some almost next door to current accounts.  There are 10 locations with 14 machines most good machines except for about 4 of the dreaded Office Delis.  He has had them for years with no problems.  I know this is an issue for most.  But the route is in our area and would be an easy add on.  Grossing about $650-$700 a week with good records.  What do you guys think...?  Would be one day every two weeks which is good for us part timers........

It might be a good deal if you could cherry pick the good locations and sell off the Office Delis with or without locations - not too sure I'd look to fool with any location that only needed an Office Deli as they don't really hold enough to be very profitable even if they work.

This might be a good part time job for a full time student who takes it serious. Even if it is part time there will be times that you might have to take care of breakdowns. You will have to be prompt. 

Need a good list of equipment to know how much to pay for route. 

I m going to tour the route tomorrow.......The rest of the machines are pretty good ones.  A couple AP Snacks, Dixie Narco, I think one large Royal drink.  And maybe a Sega Combo.......Again I think some are really good locations and like you said maybe could just make what I can for now and look at replacing the Deli's.....Even at $600 a week that is 31000 gross in a year.  at 50% margin that is around 15,000.  So I was thinking if I can get it for 12000 or less I wouldnt be hurt.  Even with the couple of Deli's I can work towards replacing........Does that sound like a fair deal........?? No commissions either.

The route has just a couple of the Office Deli's........The rest are a Royal, a Dixie Narco, and a couple of AP's and pretty decent stuff.  Maybe one or two of the new Genesis combos.  But at least $600 a week gross........That is 30K a year gross.....At 50% profit puts it about 15 k a year.  So I was thinking with having a couple of less disriable machines, if I could get it for 10-12 k I would be OK........What do you think.....??

The Genesis machines make this a slightly worse deal.  With those and the two Delis you don't want to pay so much that, if this thing goes south, you couldn't get your money back by selling the machines themselves.  It does sound like you have enough experience in vending to see the numbers well so you should be capable of a good decision here.

Archived